Cradle Mountain & Lake St Clare Tasmania

Guest siamsusie

Guest siamsusie

A few pictures of Cradle Mountain which is close to Launceston.

Kelly & Jamie this area reminds me so much of Scotland!

CradleMountain_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

cradle_mountain.jpg

cradle_mountain_and_dove-lake_tasmania.jpg

300px-Cradle_Mountain_Dove_Lake_HDR_Stevage.jpg

Cradle Mountain is 1545metres above sea level and is surrounded by by National Park.

250px-Cradle_Mountain_Seen_From_Barn_Bluff.jpg

An amazing place both during the winter and summer.. We ski here a lot during the winter and its an excellent place to have Christmas in July with loads of snow and candlelight.

Cradle Mountain is 324 klm from Hobart (4hrs 30 mins ) , 146 klm from Launceston (2 hrs) (lhr) from Devonport.

Guest siamsusie

I was relying on you to come up with your pictures Kevin, they are as usual "stunning" ! Thank you so much...I know you have a wee soft spot for this gorgeous state.

As soon as I am feeling better, we are off down to Straughan Mr Siam's birth area, I have this longing again to ride Apt railway (west coast wilderness railway) Queenstown through to Straughan.

The rainforests are something to be believed... hopefully you can also supply some more of your gorgeous pictures.:hug: Susie xx

PS wonder whether Bridget will loan you to me as my photographer/sherpa ?? for a year?

Guest guest30038

PS wonder whether Bridget will loan you to me as my photographer/sherpa ?? for a year?

I'm sure she'll be glad to be shut of me :biggrin:

kev

We went to Tassie a few weeks ago and i got the shock of my life, i niavely thought it was going to be a hick town, and boy was i wrong, it is lovely, the beach towns are fab and the people and atmosphere i totally loved, a cross between wales and england for me, but cleaner and better weather. Will be back very soon.

Guest siamsusie
We went to Tassie a few weeks ago and i got the shock of my life, i niavely thought it was going to be a hick town, and boy was i wrong, it is lovely, the beach towns are fab and the people and atmosphere i totally loved, a cross between wales and england for me, but cleaner and better weather. Will be back very soon.

I saw that you were coming for a little holiday Scousers. Laughing:laugh:@ hick town. So pleased you enjoyed yourself.

My husband took me to St Helens and Scamander for a holiday a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely gorgeous.

It does remind me of Scotland very much so... without the kilts of course:cry:.. Come back soon xx Susie x

Guest SunshineSmile

Gorgeous photographs guys.. :notworthy:

We are very much looking forward to heading off for weekends to see all the natural beauty Tassie has to offer!

Thanks for the tasters Susie and Kev :hug:

Archived