The OZ Life

Guest fryers2gether

Guest fryers2gether

My husband is a Diesel Technision and we have done a on-line point score and he is on the wanted skilled worker list and we got a good score. We were looking at going through an agent called The Oz Life and wondered if anyone had gone with them before or if it is better to do it on your own than go with an agent. They seem to be very sure they can get us there quickly.

Any info would be great Q

Guest choobs
My husband is a Diesel Technision and we have done a on-line point score and he is on the wanted skilled worker list and we got a good score. We were looking at going through an agent called The Oz Life and wondered if anyone had gone with them before or if it is better to do it on your own than go with an agent. They seem to be very sure they can get us there quickly.

Any info would be great Q

First thing I'd say is this: no agency can get you there any quicker than any other agency. Sure, you get differant standards of service - some repond to queries quicker than others, and so on - but in the end, they all submit to DIMIA and DIMIA take their time :)

It may be (and I'm sure others on the board will pop up to confirm) that your situation is straightforward enough to do the whole thing yourself. If you do decide to save yourself the legwork, check prices. Some agencies are better than others and we have a pretty wide range of experience on this forum.

If it means anything to you, their assertion that they can get you there quickly would immediately set alarm bells ringing for me - they can't make that claim because they're not in charge of the migration process.

Cheers, and welcome aboard :)

Choobs

Hiya

I must agree with Choobs they all take approx the same amount oF time.My hubby is a Diesel mechanic and our agent informed us the categorys are for technician or fitter,fitter being higher on the list so if your hubby can prove he can do fitter jobs which i think i could do when looking at the list it may be better to go under that category might be slightly quicker .our agents are VISA BUREAU and they have been excellent we started with the on-line application like yourselves in the middle of september we are going for meds (requested) on 25th April all going well Brisbane for xmas,,we have just been out there for 3 weeks and cant wait ,if you need any help with TRA or anything ,let me know (there is loads of paperwork ),it can get a bit daunting at times and our agent fees have definately been worth while

good luck

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arnould

Hi

We came out here 3 years ago. My, then occupation (nursing) was on the skills list and I decided to do the application myself, saves a lot of money on agents fees. If you have scored enough points in the self assessment then it is pretty straight forward. All the forms and booklets are available online and the only things you need to do is photocopy and chase up documents and get letters from where your hubby got his qualifications and references - even if you use an agent you'll need to do this anyway, they'll fill in the forms for you!!!! You need the usual birth certificates etc. too. From putting in the application to being accepted only took 12 weeks so we obviously did it right.

It's th best move we've ever made and we have grown so much as individuals and as a family. Good Luck :D

Hello.

As you may have gathered, there is no quick way to a visa but the time does vary according to the type of visa. You can do it on your own, it is very time consuming and if you dont' get everything exactly right your application may be thrown back at you, or it could even fail. I used an excellent agent who although more expensive than some others was very prompt and helpfull :- Ian Harrop & Associates - tel. 0845 370 0344. I paid about £1200 which sounds a lot but the service was excellent. He guides you through each stage, but you have to do a lot of work providing many documents by certain deadlines. Some cheaper agents can be dodgy. There was a report in the British press recently of one (who must be nameless) who took the fees and did a runner. You can check the status of all registered agents on the net, including those who have been struck off.

God luck TD

Guest scoop

Hi Emiloo

Mine cost about £900 but worth it to get it right when you have a rug rat wound your feet :lol:

Good luck with it all

SCoop

Guest scoop

Shouldn't do hun.

I didn't have a child when I started mine and they never charged me anymore when he was added to my application.

I believe they charge for the category of visa??

http://www.australia-migration.com

These are the agents I am using give them a look see what you think. I know there are others and most have a good reputation. I am very happy with them and they have offices in UK too.

Hope this helps hun.

SCoop

Guest Emiloo

Hi Scoop

Thanks again ,we are going with Visa Bureau,they are quite good ,,me thinks!!! well we can only try,

How long have you been waiting ? and where are you off to?

We have no idea ,And have never been to OZ ,people keep saying we are mad ,but hey id rather be mad than stay here and bring the kids up in a dull grey ,VIOLENT place that the UK has turnt into ,

I happen to think that anyone wanting to stay in the UK and go to work in the dark mornings and come home in the dark evenings with only Eastenders on the tv to look foward to are the mad ones,

rather than pick my kids up from school and plonk them in front of the tv till its bed time i would like to let them come in from school and have a swim in the pool,

whos the mad ones??

Guest sean

hi emiloo, :D we have been going through the visa beureu for the last 13 months and although expensive have had all the help we could ask for :P and everything's gone without a hitch so far (touch wood) 4-6 week's to go before we here back from dimia :roll: and counting every day :!: :D

s&j

Guest Nelson

I'm curious to know why anyone would want to pay an agent when you, the applicant, will STILL have to collate all the information. If you go through the DIMIA website, everything you could possibly need to know is there!!!

Guest PlatOz
I'm curious to know why anyone would want to pay an agent when you, the applicant, will STILL have to collate all the information. If you go through the DIMIA website, everything you could possibly need to know is there!!!

Krista,

If you have a straight forward case then you could do the whole process yourself but you would have to guarantee that you have covered all points and filled out all the forms correctly. In my experience this is not the norm and a Migration agent is essential in 95% of cases imo.

It is my feeling that you are paying for expert advise and guidence and because you have to collate most of the information yourself does not eradicate the need for the process to be carried out correctly.

If you have managed to do the whole thing yourself then well done and remember that you were perhaps lucky to have a straight forward case, if on the other hand you were to be applying for a complex 457 business visa then this may not be the case. In my experience I would never advise anyone to do it themselves. Leave it to the experts. :)

Archived