Electrical appliances

Gand

Hi Guys, I would like to know if I could take my recently bought 42 inch TV to Australia. Also, can electrical appliances like DVD player, computer CPU be any good if taken from UK to Oz? I have been told that UK electrical appliances cannot be used in Australia - is this true? Thanks guys.

They will be fine.

I think that some tvs don't work ere but ours did. DVD players, if it is multi-regional you will be 100% fine. If not then you will want it to play your UK DVDs, but might need to buy an Aussie one for the Aussie DVDs. I am not 100% sure about the DVD thing, I just know that we have two at the moment.

All other electrical stuff is fine. However I wouldn't bring fridges and freezers over. They aren't made for this heat, or that's what I have read on here.

Happy to be corrected.

What most of us did was buy several 4-gang extension leads in UK and just changed the plug on that when we arrived. (take at least one in your suitcase. For charging phone/laptop etc),

Then you don't have to panic about changing all your plugs straight away. We still are using a few with our computers and some chargers you can't change the pug anyway so it saves tou having to buy new chargers.

Archived