Taking tins of paint!

Guest The Picketts

Guest The Picketts

Has anyone taken tins of paint in their container - if so, did they survive the journey intact? I enjoy painting old furniture and like to use Farrow & Ball paints here in the UK. Unfortunately these are not available in Australia but I have been in touch with the shippers and we can take them as we have sole use of a container and the paint is water based eggshell) - I am just wondering how best they can be packed so they don't burst open and spread everywhere as we would have to pay for any paint damage to the container....... Weird request I know but any advice would be helpful, cheers

Cheryl (The Picketts)

Guest Kendra

Before you go to the hassle, check out Porters paints in Oz. Sounds similar to what you use. And being Aussie, its bound to be better (joke)

Guest The Picketts

Thanks Kendra and Cal - have now checked Porters paints which look to be just the thing and there is a retailer in Fremantle. The cling film sounds like a good idea too. I will wrap each tin in cling film then put them in a plastic container and hope for the best. Many thanks again, Cheryl x

Archived