Digital TV and DVD

Guest Dave99

I actually live in New Zealand, but hope that the information I'm after is relevant to Australia too. I am planning on returning to the UK after 20 years here. Can anyone tell me if my digital TV and DVD will work in the UK? I know that when we moved out here we had to ditch our TV, but that was back in the old analogue days. I'm hoping digital technology works the same in the UK as NZ and Australia. Thanks!

EEk! I sure hope so as we're taking 4 back with us....all fairly new one's...we actually just assumed they'd be ok! Thanks for raising the topic.

I think you'll be disappointed! I've contacted Panasonic and they tell me that the tuners installed in New Zealand and Australia are not compatible with the UK. We have a Sony TV, and that will work fine if receiving it's data from a UK decoder/tuner. When I moved back to NZ from Australia I had this problem, so I will now have to sell 2 DVD recorders (one is Australian the other NZ).

I think you'll be disappointed! I've contacted Panasonic and they tell me that the tuners installed in New Zealand and Australia are not compatible with the UK. We have a Sony TV, and that will work fine if receiving it's data from a UK decoder/tuner. When I moved back to NZ from Australia I had this problem, so I will now have to sell 2 DVD recorders (one is Australian the other NZ).

Thanks Dave! We'll do some research too and let you know what we're told. So keep tuned (excuse the pun)

Archived