Uk Life Insurrance

pumpkinpie

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me please

There is a chance my husbands secondment here in Aus may be extended meaning we'll now get paid in Aussie dollars and not sterling. My question is, will our life insurance we have set up in the UK still be valid or will we need to cancel and re start here even though we'll be returning to the uk in 1-2 years?

Thanks!

Hi

The only peolpe that will be able to answer that question are the Life Insurance company themselves.

Different life insurers have different policies and along the way life insurers themselves change policies.

So what might be the case for someone on here might not be the case for yourself.

Give them a call, explain the situation and get them to give you an answer in writing, that will stop any cause for concern.

Of course if they tell you that you will not be covered then you can take some life cover out here in Australia in the interim.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Regards

Andy

Guest ozinpom

Hello, I agree with AW that its best to speak to your own insurance company simply because you may be paying premiums for insurance that you may not have. However I am insured with Legal and General and I spoke to them about cover when we depart and they said that I'm covered so long as I have a contact address in the uk.

I've called my insurers (Aviva) in advance of leaving for Oz and they've confirmed that I'll still be covered as long as the payments continue to be made from a UK bank account.

Considering changing to Legal & General and they stated it was fine as long as the insurance was taken out whilst still a UK resident. No mention of where the bank account had to be.

I suspect getting confirmation in writing is the best way to go as all the companys may have variations in their rules depending on the particular policies, etc

Guest peacock

Get it in writing from the insurance company and store the response with the policy document, in the event of a claim this should help stop any confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
I've called my insurers (Aviva) in advance of leaving for Oz and they've confirmed that I'll still be covered as long as the payments continue to be made from a UK bank account.

Considering changing to Legal & General and they stated it was fine as long as the insurance was taken out whilst still a UK resident. No mention of where the bank account had to be.

I suspect getting confirmation in writing is the best way to go as all the companys may have variations in their rules depending on the particular policies, etc

Agreed! Nice .. Good stuff!

Archived