Has anyone got their Plumbing License???

Guest Watersports

Guest Watersports

:wacko::goofy::wacko:Hi All,

Trying to find out how you go about getting licensed for plumbing. Currently in Sydney and have been looking at TAFE colleges but not sure what the correct course(s) is.

Has anyone obtained or signed up for their plumbing license course - if so, what is the course called, how long does it take and what is the approximate cost?

(I am a qualified UK plumber, over here on the 136 visa)

Any info would be great - struggling a bit on this one!

Cheers all

Fred the unlicensed plumber!

Guest jonseywife

Hi Fred

My OH's a plumber and we're not in Oz yet but have been trying to find all this out before we get there... it's a bit of a nightmare !!!!!!!!!!

Try the links below. It gives you each states Plumbing Industry Board so might be worth contacting them first to see what you have to do. We contacted the Victoria one and they were very helpful. So worth a try.............

I take your registered........... how did you go about that one then Fred ????????????

Good luck with it & i'll be interested to know how you got on.

Sally-ann

Plumbing Engineering Associate 3121-21 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

http://www.ntis.gov.au/?/trainingpackage/BCP03/volume/BCP03_2/chapter/Licensing

Guest Watersports

Nope, not registered and actually not even sure what you mean by that?

Still struggling to find out about getting licensed - surely there are some plumbers on here who have tried or have got licensed - PLEASE HELP!!!

Few enquiries we've made have all been different but worst case is spending a few evenings a week in college for 2 years before being able to take a test to get licensed. Anyone know how accurate this is?

Currently doing some maintenance plumbing which pays about $20 an hour....

Guest Laura G

Hi,

We live on the Gold Coast, Queensland, each state is different, my OH has a temporary Plumbing License, from the Plumbers & Drainage Board cost $88.00

You can do the course by Correspondence which means you study at home, they send you the bookwork and modules and then you go into the nominated College and sit the tests, there are 5 modules and I think 2 tests, they recommend that each module is around 20hours of study. The cost is approx $500.

Hope this helps

Laura

Guest Watersports

Thanks for that Laura. That sounds much more manageable. Will try and find out if that is possible in Sydney.

Unbelievable how difficult it is to find this stuff out!! Or maybe we just having adjusted our brains properly after the long flight!

Archived