S.A.T.S and what are they in OZ

Guest jonathan

Guest jonathan

im in YR9(14) and just dont my moc sats last week.

in oz do they have sats and if so how do they work? The high schools only go up to YR10. I'm getting close to YR10 and i know many high schools have sixth form(in oz) but we have yr12 and 13 and OZ's have yr11 and yr12.

will i get put back? what do they do instead of GCSE'S?

and do they have a year at GCSE's,we have two years at it,but we do what we optioned at the end of year nine (like i have already done)

can someone tell me please. My career propects where going to be an airline pilot,now how do you become an airline pilot in OZ??

I was going to join the RAF,cant join the RAAF because i have to be Australian or be a permanent visa holder(like i will be) and be applying for citizenship, but wont i not be old enough and had not lived there long enough??? HELP!!!

Guest ABCDiamond
im in YR9(14) and just dont my moc sats last week.

in oz do they have sats and if so how do they work? The high schools only go up to YR10. I'm getting close to YR10 and i know many high schools have sixth form(in oz) but we have yr12 and 13 and OZ's have yr11 and yr12.

will i get put back? what do they do instead of GCSE'S?

and do they have a year at GCSE's,we have two years at it,but we do what we optioned at the end of year nine (like i have already done)

can someone tell me please. My career propects where going to be an airline pilot,now how do you become an airline pilot in OZ??

I was going to join the RAF,cant join the RAAF because i have to be Australian or be a permanent visa holder(like i will be) and be applying for citizenship, but wont i not be old enough and had not lived there long enough??? HELP!!!

Regarding age and class year... In a few years time, my daughter will be in Year 9 when she turns 13. She will actually be 12yrs 9 months at the start of year 9, if that helps. This is for QLD. Some States may be different.

Each State is different for end of year results. What State are you going to ?

RAAF entry requirements are at: http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/default.asp?initMedia=1&media=flash&bounceBack=/default.asp&p=161

Applicants need to be at least 17 years old on the day of enlistment

You need to be an Australian citizen, have applied for Australian citizenship, or hold permanent resident status.

Applicants will need to have completed Australian Year 10 (or equivalent) with passes in Maths and English, with some technical trades requiring Science as well (with a Physics content).

Guest ABCDiamond

I can't edit my post above...

I meant to say: my daughter will be in Year 9 when she turns 14. She will actually be 13yrs 9 months at the start of year 9, if that helps.

Guest jacks22

Hi Jonathan just thought I drop you a line as I noticed your age my son David is 13yrs and is so against going to Oz what were your first thoughts we are hoping to go to Townsville by Dec all being well

best wishes jacqui

Guest jonathan

the only thing i can say is make him go!!!!

i was a bit unsure but now completely into it

p.s of to brisabane and i'm 14

Guest choobs
the only thing i can say is make him go!!!!

i was a bit unsure but now completely into it

p.s of to brisabane and i'm 14

Maybe off at a tangent, but I really hope Oz has nothing like SATs. Why in God's name does Britain have do do everything America does? Makes my blood boil, so it does.

Choobs

Guest jonathan

SATS are bloody anoying yet they just see how your doing at the end of the key stage.

I HATE THEM!!!!

its just the same with GCSE's there just "sats" and theres no difference!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rbecca

Breathe a sigh of relief if they don't have SAT's in Oz. They are a government devised form of Big Brother and benefit neither child or school in the long run, rather they inspire panic, anxiety and a negative educational experience.

Rbecca

Guest jonathan

yes!! They are completely useless to me!!!

One of my CIs(civilian instructor) in the Air Cadets told me that SATS are actually seeing how the teachers have taught you through Key Stage 3!

Guest Missiemo

I agree with the negative commemts about sats, my ten year old daughter is going through them at the moment and I think they are a complete waste of time, she has been sent home with revision on over the easter holiday and found the whole thing stressful, I hope the Australian's will have more sense and not put these young children through such a waste of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Have to agree with SATS - some schools/teachers heavily coach children to pass the test but they come away knowing very little about the subject material. My 11 year old has just done them and only seems to have done revision since easter - what a waste of a term - they'll now practise for the school production and not get taught anything else.

You may have to go back a year Jonathan or do the same year again, depending on when you move (I think they start school later in Aus), the dept. of education website has something where you can put your birthday in and it tells you your school year (I think). Personally, I think this may be a good thing for my two children as they may do familiar things, and it'll help get them settled into Aussie school life. I havn't read any posts of children who haven't settled ... Good luck

Archived