hi question on renting

Guest silverstargazer38

Guest silverstargazer38

Hi i have been reading a book a city by city guide to living and working in australia,

Is it true that the landlord when you are renting in australia is responsible for the water and the poll tax or rates you call it in aus, as it says it in my book:wub:

Hi i have been reading a book a city by city guide to living and working in australia,

Is it true that the landlord when you are renting in australia is responsible for the water and the poll tax or rates you call it in aus, as it says it in my book:wub:

The landlord (vendor) does pay the local council rates and also the water rates........... but; the tenant may be charged for excess water used.

Also; if you cop a good landlord he/she may throw in free lawn mowing and edging done by a contractor on a regular basis, so as to help maintain the upkeep of their investment property.

Guest Nom&Nat

Hello

Can you help me with this question......can you get exemption or a discount on the property rates if the property is left empty for a while? I have bought a house in Oz and was not going to move into it for several months and maybe up to 3 yrs.

Cheers

Nom

Hello

Can you help me with this question......can you get exemption or a discount on the property rates if the property is left empty for a while? I have bought a house in Oz and was not going to move into it for several months and maybe up to 3 yrs.

Cheers

Nom

No discount for vacant properties. The land has been built on so is an 'Improved Block'

If you don't live in the property for a minimum of six months after purchase you are not entitled to the first home buyers grant, (thats if you have PR). I don't think I would leave a property vacant for 3 years. You are at risk of having it vandalised.

IN WA the owner of the Property pay the Council Rates and Water rates, the tenants pays for all water used unless it is agreed the owner is going to contribute to water usage, usually this is done if the gardens are watered from the mains supply of water, most homes have a bore for this purpose. The tenant is also responsible for all Gas and Electricity used and the phone bills.

Sometimes Mowing is included in the rent but the rent usually reflects this, maybe $10 a week more in rent to cover the costs of the Mowing.

Archived