Pleassssssssse Help

laneyD

HI, Folks any advice greatly appreciated I feel like im going round in circles have been to OZ twice last time emmigrated 2003 to perth came back to scotland 2004 for various reason one of them dont think I was in right frame of mind 1st round & kept thinking I was missing out back home. Have been granted RRV & I know we are so lucky to get a 2nd chance as so many people desperate to go. The debate has started again do we leave scotland & go back to Perth it is a lovely state but so many questions this time round. My husband would go back tomorrow & has a job to return to, my daughter is swaying that way too son is only 4 . but I just wish someone would tell me what the right thing to do is. We both have quite good well paid jobs here & I feel we are giving up alot but im trying to weigh up pro & cons ,I have bben looking on various website re house prices, food, electricity & general living expenses can anyoone out there help. My other question is we lived in woodvale then kingsley last time however house prices even to rent seem to have shot up & I was looking down south like secret harbour . :confused:.com

What and If are just 2 little words but put together they make a statement that could hang over you for the rest of your life!

Scotland will still be there if it doesn't work out and like you said you have been given a second chance, I believe these things happen for a reason!

Good Luck!

:wink:

Hey Emma thats what my hubby is saying we only get one chance at this life!! Where abouts are you off to in perth? My sisterinlaw heading to Oz in 3weeks but they are going to sydney & that was my other dilema do we go there as we would have family & some friends or back to perth as we preferred in there .

Remember. Life is not a rehersal. We can all give a very biased opinion since the majority of us on here are desperate to get there. Only you can convince yourself.

Remember as some have said, nothing can be undone. if it fails again then get back on the plane, back to sunny Scotland.

Have you expressed your concernes with your husband and children? Set aside an evening, disconnect all phones, switch off the mobiles, no telly, no radio, just some paper and a pen. Then you can all add up the pros and cons, plus you and your hubby will know exactly how the other is thinking.

Every major decission in life brings doubt, you just have to work out if this doubt is worth worrying about

Im sure you will love "the Cot" as they say in Perth it was lovely. Man it is so hard but we have decided that we will try & make final decision by end Feb so that would give us time to get house sold etc. I have spent so much time over last few months debating with myself & its all the family n friends thing as well thanks Lorraine

Hey Gaz oh we have done that even went on holiday to discuss it (HA) & a fortune teller but it defo has to be a joint decision, Kids are pretty young but daughter wants to go but dont think she really realises how far away it is from her grans. How long have you been there is it Perth you live ? thanks for replying lorraine

I live in Secret Harbour and love it, it was hard in the beginning and missed people so much but been here a year now and have no intention whatsoever of moving back :) give it a go, you only live once :) x

HI we lived in Northern Suburbs for a year but gave up to easy I think, well I did anyway . Secret Harbour looks really nice & quite family orientated which is good I remember rockingham as there was a British sweetie shop there LOL. Its just such a big step again & really dont want to mess it up this time round thanks Lorraine

Hi know exactly how you feel its very hard moving away. You need to be absolutely sure you want to try it again, are the reasons you moved back to the UK still going to be here if you come back ? I hope you make the right decision, its only you that can make it :) good luck xx

Im sure you will love "the Cot" as they say in Perth it was lovely. Man it is so hard but we have decided that we will try & make final decision by end Feb so that would give us time to get house sold etc. I have spent so much time over last few months debating with myself & its all the family n friends thing as well thanks Lorraine

Yeah, I do love Cottesloe, lived there before. I hope whatever you decide to do makes you happy!

Good Luck

Guest Opportunities

laneyD

Second chances very seldom come around, AGAIN! Things happen for a reason. This is your sign! We only have one life to live and you have been given a second! Grab it with both hands. Whats not to like in OZ? Great weather, friendly people, beautiful beaches, safe environment for the family...

Personally, what is good for one family could not necessarily be right for another. Consider your family's pros and cons.

Wishing you the best of luck!

HI thanks for reply, you are probably right how many signs do I actually need . me & Hubby kinda decided last night to put our house up for sale beg February & take it from there . its all getting quite exciting & scary at same time. :smile:

Guest auzzyliz

Hi, I would say that if after living here in the past, you still don't know if you should come or not, then you are not in the right frame of mind to make a sucess of it here. I came here with my husband and 3 children in 1992 and had another child here in 1995 we have never regretted it. I recently asked my eldest two aged 29 and 27 if we had done then right thing bringing them here, there answer without hesitation was YES absolutely. We came with the idea that we would stay two years no matter what before we decided to stay or go. We loved it from the start. I believe that this country gives you back as much as you want it to. It has given us so many positive things. I hope this helps you. Best of luck to you and your family whatever your decision is.

Archived