Shine a light please!.....Someone?!

markandcat

Hello all, sorry first time posting and not quite sure what im doing! Wondering if anyone can shine a bit of light on my situation as I feel very confused. I posted my application for 176 visa with SS for SA over 16 months ago now and not heard anything. People are telling me that applications are being proccessed within 12 months of lodgement but doesnt seem to be case for me. Whats going on? Is anyone else been in the same situation? Oh and still not had my police checks or medicals requested!

Hi markandcat

since all the changes that were made in Sep 2009 many applications came to a standstill, also with the processing priorities if you fell into one of the lower catagories you have just been sitting waiting.

It would help to know what your occupation is and whether it is now on SA State Migration Plan, if you are then you will have moved up into Priority Processing catagory 2,(and should hopefully be receiving a CO any day now)

if your job is not on the list then you would have to look on the processing priority schedules to find out where in the que you are and how long processing of your application will take............they have made it all so complicated with change after change:rolleyes:

Good luck and hope this helps some, and you hear something soon!

and you did fine with your post, well done and happy posting

Jill

once you are used to the forum, have a look around and you will find a large number are in the same boat as you (so please dont think you're on your own) Also when you feel confident i have started a thread in the South Australia area of this forum so all SA applicants can compare with each other once the processing kicks off. We were hoping to have seen some SA applicants get Case officers today, sadly not though.

looks here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/south-australia/104184-south-oz-applications-where-you-now.html

Hiya Jill,

thanks my trade is Motor Mechanic which is on the list which has put me 2nd in priority but not heard anything yet:sad:.

I have been chasing up Visa Bureau and they have told me today that they have started assigning case officers today so maybe I will hear something in next couple of months! Just hope they hurry up.

Hiya Jill,

thanks my trade is Motor Mechanic which is on the list which has put me 2nd in priority but not heard anything yet:sad:.

I have been chasing up Visa Bureau and they have told me today that they have started assigning case officers today so maybe I will hear something in next couple of months! Just hope they hurry up.

Excellent stuff that your on the SMP! Now we just have to hope they start sorting the applications out as soon as!!!!! :goofy: or were all going to start going crazy again!!!!!!!

here's holding thumbs for us all

Jill

Archived