820 Spouse Visa..long delays

Guest Dirk Diggler

Guest Dirk Diggler

:mad: Morning all. Just felt I need to vent some frustration re my application for onshore 820 spouse visa. Spoke to DIAC Melb this AM, and they're saying that they're only looking at apps submitted in July '10 (mine was late Sept '10). At this rate, my wife and I will have been together long enough to qualify for an 801!!

Anyway, I know the DIAC guys reserve the right to quote 6-9 months for spouse sponsorship visa processing...but I've read lots of recent posts on other forums from people who have submitted complete apps after July '10 (all meds, police checks, questions fully answered) and got theirs processed within a month or even less.

I did gently point out to the DIAC person (I don't even have a named case office yet!) that my app is straightforward and complete, but was simply referred back to the quoted wait list.

So, my question to the forum is: what experiences do those of you who're treading the same 820 path have? Should I be asking for a case officer to be assigned at the very least?

Thanks!

Guest pup3ydarren

Hey there, I applied back at May 2010 with full complete application. However, until this day there are still no news on the application from DIAC and not even a single news whether any case officer assigned. I know another person who applied last year March and application still not approved till this day.

Guest Dirk Diggler

Have you received your acknowledgement letter from DIAC Melb yet? That's the one which says you're now on a Bridging Visa A.

From what they've told me, they've gone through May and June '10 apps, assigned case officers, and have now progressed to doing the July ones! Maybe ring them and see if you get told the same? If so, sounds like you're owed a response.

Guest pup3ydarren

yes i did, that was long time ago and i even managed to get a medicare card. I called them up before, the only response was 6-9 months or even 12 months now (when i called recently). I guess theres nothing much we could do really apart from seat and wait!

Guest paulie79

Hi Dirk Diggler

We lodged our 820 on 4/11/10 over the counter in Melbourne and we don't have a CO yet either.

I rang the direct number on our acknowledgement letter last Thursday and was told that they are only up to allocating applications to CO that where lodged on 17/6/10 so looks like they have done a little bit of work since then.

They told me it would be May/June/July or later this year until we had a CO!

I am sick and tired of getting different answers every time I ring and am totally over the whole thing!

My partner soon will have to go onto a BVE due to their slow processing times. That means no work, study or travel!

Don't stress, you are not the only one and I too get really mad when I read other forums where people have had an answer within 3 months.

I don't think I can do much more apart from ring them every 2 weeks to follow them up!

Paulie79

I submitted mine (309/100) late November and was assigned a CO on the spot, requested more evidence, and few weeks later, requested for meds. Now all are done, we are just waiting. Sent her an email asking for an update, and she said should be finalised within 6 months of submission :(

Archived