Holiday entitlement in Oz ?

Goochie

Most f us office workers here in the UK get at least 20 days holiday per year and quite often it can be taken in the first year without any trouble. However, I know that in the US, you cant generally take holiday in the first 12 months.

So how does it normally form in Oz ?

Most f us office workers here in the UK get at least 20 days holiday per year and quite often it can be taken in the first year without any trouble. However, I know that in the US, you cant generally take holiday in the first 12 months.

So how does it normally form in Oz ?

All the places I have worked accrue leave as you go so after six months you would have 2 weeks accrued, for example. Most have allowed me to take leave in the first year...some even allowed taking leave in advance if they were nice. Best to negotiate any significant leave you want in the first 6 months at your interview.

Every full time permanent employee gets 4 weeks. Some places offer more than 4 weeks but, anecdotally, I think that might be less common than it is in the uk. Some places allow you to buy more holidays. My company just introduced the ability to buy 2 more weeks for a total of 6 weeks.

Archived