Pet friendly beaches/parks

Guest monty

Guest monty

Please can someone let me know if there are cerrtain beaches that don't allow dogs off a leash. I was thinking of Somerton Park. If anyone is already out in Adelaide and can recommend some nice beaches and parkland where the dogs can run freely without causing a nuisance to anybody else. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Monty

Guest blondies

We are in Victoria so can't answer for Adalaide but we have alo lived in WA. As a general rule

Dogs are banned from most beaches esp in summer months. But they have set up "dog beaches" where dogs can be off the leash so its well set up and Dog friendly. You do need to keep to these beaches as there are usually dog wardens around. Its a good system.

Donna

Guest monty
We are in Victoria so can't answer for Adalaide but we have alo lived in WA. As a general rule

Dogs are banned from most beaches esp in summer months. But they have set up "dog beaches" where dogs can be off the leash so its well set up and Dog friendly. You do need to keep to these beaches as there are usually dog wardens around. Its a good system.

Donna

Thanks for that Donna

Monty

During winter there's no problem as dogs are allowed off the lead any time.:yes: During Daylight Savings however, it's a whole other story! :sad:Dogs are allowed off before 10am and after 8pm, otherwise they have to stay on their leads. They can still be on the beach though -and please bear in mind that although we use a lot of different beaches, check the signs as I'm sure there are exceptions ie. they aren't allowed on National heritage beaches at all.

The wardens are pretty hot (and not in a good way!) and hand out fines, so it's not worth the risk! As for parklands etc, again I'd check. There's a dog park off Diagonal Road, but we take our two down the oval and surrounding areas. We've not had any problem finding places to walk them...some parks have areas where dogs have to be put on the lead, and other areas where they can run freely, sometimes within certain times.

Can't think of anything else!

LC

Guest monty
During winter there's no problem as dogs are allowed off the lead any time.:yes: During Daylight Savings however, it's a whole other story! :sad:Dogs are allowed off before 10am and after 8pm, otherwise they have to stay on their leads. They can still be on the beach though -and please bear in mind that although we use a lot of different beaches, check the signs as I'm sure there are exceptions ie. they aren't allowed on National heritage beaches at all.

The wardens are pretty hot (and not in a good way!) and hand out fines, so it's not worth the risk! As for parklands etc, again I'd check. There's a dog park off Diagonal Road, but we take our two down the oval and surrounding areas. We've not had any problem finding places to walk them...some parks have areas where dogs have to be put on the lead, and other areas where they can run freely, sometimes within certain times.

Can't think of anything else!

LC

Thanks for that advice, really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Monty

Archived