Victoria StartPage

Guest Michele

Guest Michele

Dear all,

I thought that you might be interested in the following new website:

Victoria StartPage

Victoria StartPage is a startpage for people living in, migrating to, or on holiday in Victoria, Australia. It offers carefully selected links covering all areas of Victorian life, with a special section related to migrating to Australia and settling in Victoria.

I hope you find it useful.

Dear all,

I thought that you might be interested in the following new website:

Victoria StartPage

Victoria StartPage is a startpage for people living in, migrating to, or on holiday in Victoria, Australia. It offers carefully selected links covering all areas of Victorian life, with a special section related to migrating to Australia and settling in Victoria.

I hope you find it useful.

Thanks Michele: :cute:

Very useful website with great links - including some on SPIDERS & SNAKES! EEEKKK! It'll take you to other regions & official sites, so well worth a perusal, specially if you're like us & don't really know where you'd like to end up - other than not in a city, not too hot nor too far from the surfing!

Cheers,

Herbster :huh: A Bear seeking a change...

Guest chris&dave

What a great website, its got everything. Thanks Michele, I now know where to shop, shop, shop.

Chris & Dave

Guest jonseywife

Hi Michelle

Cheers for that Victoria Start page............... great info !!!!

And like Chris & Dave I especially enjoyed the shopping pages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Sally-ann

Guest jonseywife
Yes - glad to see there is a shop to get good old british sausages - when we finally make it there!

Here, here..................... nice to know we can still have sausage & mash and toad in the hole whilst in Oz (as well as the obvious b-b-q version ofcourse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :yes:

I notice your from S/e London CloeW...... I was born in Camberwell and lived in Catford for sometime ... any where near you ??????????????

Guest chloew

We're in Bromley so not too far from Camberwell/Catford at all.

We're heading to Melbourne early next year - promised the folks we'd be here for xmas.

Yup - aussie bangers not as good as British ones so that's a relief!

Guest jonseywife

They say It's a small world Chloe , I know Bromley quite well, always thought of that as quite posh compared to Catford/Lewisham anyway !!!????

(I went to Lewisham Girls school - that was an experience I can tell you :shocked:!!!!!!)

Were Heading for Melbourne too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the "who's going to Melbourne thread " in the Talk about Victoria section by Abbi&Dan... there loads of us heaing for Melbourne, im sure theres bound to be some meet-ups once we are all out there !!!!!

Good luck with your plans :yes:

Sally-ann

Guest chloew

I will take a look - and you're right it is a small world. Will be nice to meet up especially over a BBQ and a few glasses of local wine! Bromley used to be posh but not so much any more!

Guest Michele

Thank you all for your comments about the Victoria StartPage.....it's my baby.

I found the sausages information on another forum...talk about made me happy...I can't get English bangers here in Holland.

Sally-ann & Chloe - I'm also planning to move to Melbourne, hopefully next year :jiggy:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Michele

Hi all, 27.gif

Just a quick note to let you know that the Victoria StartPage website now contains a "Newsletter Archive". The next fortnightly newsletter will be published on Friday 31st August 2007.

The VSP website now contains 749 website links!

If you can't find what your looking for let me know. happy0158.gif

Have fun... party0008.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michele

Hello all,

The Victoria StartPage website now includes a Google Search option where you can either search the web or search only the websites that end with .au

Hope you like it. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, 27.gif

I have just finished putting together an A to Z list of all the categories covered by the Victoria StartPage website. 69.gif

The list can be found by clicking on the A-Z List button at the top of each page or by scrolling down to the bottom of the home page.

Victoria StartPage A-Z Category List

If you find it useful or think that something is missing, please let me know.

PS. I have also added a link to the Google map of Melbourne. Just click on the View Larger Map text to see it.

Hi All, 27.gif

I have just finished putting together an A to Z list of all the categories covered by the Victoria StartPage website.

The list can be found by clicking on the A-Z List button at the top of each page or by scrolling down to the bottom of the home page.

Victoria StartPage A-Z Category List

If you find it useful or think that something is missing, please let me know.

PS. I have also added a link to the Google map of Melbourne. Just click on the View Larger Map text to see it.

Thanks Michele, :notworthy:

You're a TREASURE! If any one's thinking of relocating to Victoria, then check out this truly helpful site. :idea:

A Grateful Herbster :cute:

• 4 months later...
Guest Michele

Hello

For those of you that have migrated to Victoria, or are planning to, you may be interested to know about the following changes to the Victoria StartPage website.

The Events section has been updated to make it easier to find an annual event. All the events are now listed in date order.

There are currently 68 events listed, but more are being added all the time.

Events Page

Have fun....:)

Just had a quick look and looks like a very useful site, thanks Michele, I have added it to our 'Australia' bookmarks! We are hoping to end up in Melbourne, only at the start of the process at the moment so fingers crossed maybe sometime next year! Hopefully by then I will have got to know you all a bit better, it would be great to know we could have made some friends from this site as well as the useful info! Sometimes I still feel like the new girl at school so I do a lot of reading and not so much posting, bit shy, but hopefully it will get easier!!

Guest Michele
Just had a quick look and looks like a very useful site, thanks Michele, I have added it to our 'Australia' bookmarks! We are hoping to end up in Melbourne, only at the start of the process at the moment so fingers crossed maybe sometime next year! Hopefully by then I will have got to know you all a bit better, it would be great to know we could have made some friends from this site as well as the useful info! Sometimes I still feel like the new girl at school so I do a lot of reading and not so much posting, bit shy, but hopefully it will get easier!!

Hello the Dons,

That was a quick response. Thank you for bookmarking my site! We have been in the process of putting together the paperwork for our visa for years now, and finally sent of the application to our migration agent last month. We are hoping that our application will be sent shortly. We went on a reccie last December and absolutely fell in love with Melbourne, we can't wait to move. Good luck with the process, it can get a bit frustrating at times but keep going as it will all be worth it in the end. I will sent you a PM with some more info.

• 1 year later...
Guest Michele

I have recently updated the Victoria StartPage with improved navigation and some new pages. This includes a new Accommodation page which I hope will help people find the short term accommodation that they are looking for, for when they first arrive in Victoria. The apartments, hotels, motels and private homes are categorised per town for easy location.

If you have any places to recommended please do let me know and I will add it to the list. The list is certainly not complete, I am adding to whenever I have the time.

Cheers,

Michele

Archived