Contacts needed in Hotels/Motels/Accommodation providers in oz please!!

Guest Hazeeel

Guest Hazeeel

I was hoping somone out there might be able to help me.... I am desperately trying to find an employer willing to sponsor me in oz. I have my skills assessment as a Hotel/Motel manager and have a 176 visa lodged, however due to the rule changes it looks unlikely ever to happen without n employer sponsor. But I am finding in the hospitality industry it is virtually impossible to even make contact with employers unless I am already eligible to work in Oz.

I thought perhaps a smaller or privately run Hotel, motel, caravan park or similar may be more likely to consider me. And I hope someone out there might be in that situation or know of someone who might be interested.

Ps I am prepared to go anywhere in Oz...just want to be out there.:daydreaming:

Fingers crossed

Hazel

Guest Hazeeel

Hi Kate

No we dont really mind where we go, would prefer the east or south but are open to anywhere if I can get sponsored.

Unfortunately it looks like taking a lifetime to get there without sponsorship :sad:

Guest Whoopseydaisy

Hi Hazel

I am a long time follower of the site but never registered..............until now! I was exactly the same as you, applied for visa at the start of this year. Applied as office manager as that was the profession i was in at the time but spent about 10 years in hotel management before that and am now back in hotels again.

Anyway after practically giving up hope with all the changes, i came upon a vacancy for a dm through an agent, it turned out that the job had been filled but they had another client looking for staff.

Long story short, after weeks of anxiety, emails, telephone and skype interviews, the employer offered me the job and sent the agent my contract this week so it looks like i have an employer sponsor now!!!! The agent advised that the hotel group are looking for more dm's and are willing to sponsor too.

The hotels are in Darwin which would have been the last place i would have wanted to go but after much research into the area i am really excited about relocating there.

You will need to pay the agents fees as well as the price of the visa which i think adds up to $3500. Its a pain especially after i spent just as much to the last agent i used for the first visa. Money wellspent though if it gets me over to Australia!!

The agent is global trade search www.globaltradesearch.com.au

and Sandy is the person i have been dealing with. They are based in Adelaide.

Even though the contract is on the way to me, its still early days and i wont fully belive it until i have the visa in my hands!!!!

Any other questions, please feel free to ask

Guest Hazeeel

Wow!! Thank you so much for taking the trouble to join and post a reply. Its amazing to find someone in a similar situation.

Im just off to email them now and find out the situation and if it would work for me!

Thanks again and good luck. Let me know how it goes for you.

Guest Whoopseydaisy
Wow!! Thank you so much for taking the trouble to join and post a reply. Its amazing to find someone in a similar situation.

Im just off to email them now and find out the situation and if it would work for me!

Thanks again and good luck. Let me know how it goes for you.

No probs, glad to help anyone on their quest to get to Australia. Let me know if you are successful.

Archived