please can you help ?

the bottler

Do you mean you have just moved to Australia and would like to claim a UK tax refund?

If so, then you need to download and fill in form P85, it is a paper form, as far as I know you cannot do it online. You will need your P45 for this, P60s are end of tax year forms and you aren't going to get one this time of year.

The UK does have an online self assessment system of course, but should not be used by non residents and this is for annual tax returns, not claiming back tax because you have moved overseas (although of course you can wait and just do that).

Do you mean you have just moved to Australia and would like to claim a UK tax refund?

If so, then you need to download and fill in form P85, it is a paper form, as far as I know you cannot do it online. You will need your P45 for this, P60s are end of tax year forms and you aren't going to get one this time of year.

The UK does have an online self assessment system of course, but should not be used by non residents and this is for annual tax returns, not claiming back tax because you have moved overseas (although of course you can wait and just do that).

Hello Pumpkin ,

thank you for replying ... no I am not in Australia yet ... got to sell a property first ... but I read something about claiming tax back using your p60 ... there was a web site to use but I copied it down wrong ...

www.direct.gov.ukMoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxs/beginnersGuidetoTax/index

the person who wrote it said they had posted it before but were repeating it ...

Hello Pumpkin ,

thank you for replying ... no I am not in Australia yet ... got to sell a property first ... but I read something about claiming tax back using your p60 ... there was a web site to use but I copied it down wrong ...

www.direct.gov.ukMoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxs/beginnersGuidetoTax/index

the person who wrote it said they had posted it before but were repeating it ...

A P60 is a year end tax statement, do you have reason to believe you have overpaid your tax for the fiscal year ending April 2010? If you do think you have overpaid tax, and this would be easy to calucluate yourself then register for self assessment and do a tax return. Or download a self assessment form and send in a paper return.

I wouldn't recommend you do this unless you have reason to believe you did overpay your tax as once you did it once they will expect you to do a return every year until they decide otehrwise.

I have no idea why you are asking this in an Australian immigration forum if you have not emmigrated... :confused:

Anyway, as I said, if you do move to Australia during the middle of a tax year, then download and fill in form P85.

A P60 is a year end tax statement, do you have reason to believe you have overpaid your tax for the fiscal year ending April 2010? If you do think you have overpaid tax, and this would be easy to calucluate yourself then register for self assessment and do a tax return. Or download a self assessment form and send in a paper return.

I wouldn't recommend you do this unless you have reason to believe you did overpay your tax as once you did it once they will expect you to do a return every year until they decide otehrwise.

I have no idea why you are asking this in an Australian immigration forum if you have not emmigrated... :confused:

Anyway, as I said, if you do move to Australia during the middle of a tax year, then download and fill in form P85.

thank you for replying .

I asked it because as I wrote before I read somewhere on here that you could claim tax back and wanted to find the post .

Could anyone else help me find it please ? .

thank you for replying .

I asked it because as I wrote before I read somewhere on here that you could claim tax back and wanted to find the post .

Could anyone else help me find it please ? .

Didn't I already provide the information? :wink:

If you think you overpaid tax last year then do a tax return. Search for self assessment on HM Revenue & Customs: Home Page

If you leave for Australia and want to claim tax back then fill in form P85. You can't do that now as you are still in the UK.

Archived