457 then spouse????

k8bug79

Hello, I have just found an ideal job for me. My hubby is Citizen by Descent and we were going to wait until we were able to save until we put in my spouse visa. As we have children and have been together 5 years and are married we are confident of getting the permanant visa straight away (we hope) however as the wait list for this visa is lengthy at the mo it prohibits me applying for jobs as noone would want to wait 6 months for me.

I am therefore wondering if it is possible for me to get there "quickly" by getting a 457 visa sponsored by an employer and then when we are there put in my spouse visa onshore???? Would I get the 457 if I am eligible for sponsorship by my husband? Also do I need to meet the points requirement for the 457? I am a theatre /event cordinator and have done my job since I was 18 (now 31) but I do not have anything higher than a BTEC ND (equvalent to 3 A levels) regards to qualifications. My job is not on the Skills shortage list although I believe Stage Manager is eligible for ENS. SO basically will I even get the 457?

Thanks

Archived