Drs & Dentists

Chops1963

Hi All

I`m a single guy just landed in Canberra a week ago to start a new job in Fyshwick.

Currently, i`m living on Isabella Plains and would like to know if anybody could recommend a) a good medical practice to register with,and b) a Good dentist

Thanks in advance

Andrew

PS. If this post is in the wrong forum, i would be grateful if someone could redirect it to the right one

Guest Guest31881

Hi Chops,

Firstly I have moved your thread from Chewing The fat to this section.

You do not have to register with a doctor like you did in the UK, you can just go and see a local doctor when you need to, If you like the doctor you can stay with that practice, If you do not like them, then next time you visit another doctor. Dentists are similar you can go and see any dentist and if you like them you can return when needed, if you do not like them you can pick another dentist next time.

I just wanted to add a couple of things in case you are not aware.

Dentists can be very expensive so it's wise to get a quote for any service beforehand. There's no sort of government rebate so private health insurance cover is available for dentistry.

I don't know what sort of visa you have arrived on but, if you are eligible for Medicare benefits, register for your Medicare card ASAP.

Some medical practices "bulk bill", which means they accept the government rebate as the total cost of your treatment if you are covered by Medicare, but many do not and you will have to pay a sum above the Medicare rebate.

Archived