How long will i wait ???

Guest Dazza

Guest Dazza

I am applieing for a general skilled visa sponsored by my uncle and aunt who live in victoria ,I have recently sent off all my forms along with my uncles forms along with my tra certificate and police clearance , just wont to no if any one has any idea how long it will take now

thanks in advance Daz :wink:

Guest choobs
I am applieing for a general skilled visa sponsored by my uncle and aunt who live in victoria ,I have recently sent off all my forms along with my uncles forms along with my tra certificate and police clearance , just wont to no if any one has any idea how long it will take now

thanks in advance Daz :wink:

There are two answers to that question. Normally, your acknowledgement letter will say it takes 1-4 months to be allocated a case officer then 1-2 months after that before the case officer will contact you for more information, with an expected processing time of 9-12 months for non-MODL applications and 6 months for MODL.

The second answer is 'how long is a piece of string'. We've been informed that class 138 (the one you're applying under) is behind in processing, with Jul-Sep applications currently in process.

This could mean that it'll be 8 months before you're allocated a case officer. Or it could mean, because of your occupation, that it'll go through really quickly.

I realise that it's not what you want to hear but the answer really is 'who knows'. Best thing to do is grit your teeth and get on with something else in the meantime (easier said than done, I know). Stay positive - they'll get around to you, and it might even be sooner than you expect. I know that TRA apps are being processed quicker than IT ones, so you're onto a winner there at least :)

Cheers

Choobs

Guest MattandSarah

Just had a response from my agent as we were expecting to be assigned a case officer by end of March (we are MODL). Agent has confirmed DIMIA currently have an 8 week back log..... so Choobs advice is right. keep thinkin of that piece of string!

Archived