What visa options???

k8bug79

Hello,

I posted last week about my MIL and how we recently lost my FIL who was going to sponsor my MIL on a spouses visa when we relocate to Australia but obviously now will have to go through the parent visa .

We are going as Australian Citizen by descent and with me on a Spouses visa

However things have changed a little so I wondered if there were any other options.

A brief over view

My Grandmother and Grandfather in Law lived and married in Australia, MY GFIL was a £10 pom and my GMil emmigrated there with her mother (I am unsure of how long they lived there before returning to the UK) They had my FIL in Sydney and returned home to the UK when he was 1.

They had 1 more child in the UK who is now moving to Aus with her husband through work sponsorship.

That would mean that MY GMIL and GFIL may return. I guess either on aged parent visas or if time eligible on returning resident visas.

My MIL who has recetly been widowed by FIL (whose parents and sister are described above) is 55 and at the moment has her Mother with her but she is very elderly and in reality won't be with us for much longer :-( When she does go she is not adverse to the idea of moving with us. My Husband is an only child and my MIL would have no children, partner or parents, however she would have a sister resident in the UK.

So basically can she be sponsored only by her son (my husband) on a parent visa, or can she be sponsored by her parent in laws/ sister in law as a widow, or a remaining relative visa.

Gill has been amazing and found some great stuff about the parent visa, sadly we can't do the onshore method yet due to her age so the options would be wait until she old enough, get in the q for the parent visa, or stick to 6 month tourist visas until she is old enough. Just wondered if there was another back door route for us :wink: that we hadn't thought of.

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Kate

Gill is definately the expert on parent visas having been through the process herself. I am sure if there was a back door way she would have known.

Have you had a chat with a migration agent to see what their views are on it?

Hugs

Kate

Archived