breaking our lease

Guest annemarie and brian

the dougans,

thank you and i hope you sort everything out for your next journey and we already are looking forward to be back loads of partys and celebration happen so take care will let you how we get on.

take care annemarie xxx

Thank you so much gillian and i hope you enjoy yours and have a safe journey home in january good luck.

annemarie xxx

the dougans,

thank you and i hope you sort everything out for your next journey and we already are looking forward to be back loads of partys and celebration happen so take care will let you how we get on.

take care annemarie xxx

Hi annemaree,

sorry it has not all worked out for you, i remember all our conversations with regards to selling our respective houses on the house selling thread and i know you had problems selling as i did, but you were so excited and i feel for you that it has not worked out.

Dont listen to any negative posts or negative views from other people, you and Brian know whats best for you and your family, so enjoy your last days there and safe travels back, everything is still the same here, except its a tad cooler:confused::cool::wubclub:

Hi annemaree,

sorry it has not all worked out for you, i remember all our conversations with regards to selling our respective houses on the house selling thread and i know you had problems selling as i did, but you were so excited and i feel for you that it has not worked out.

Dont listen to any negative posts or negative views from other people, you and Brian know whats best for you and your family, so enjoy your last days there and safe travels back, everything is still the same here, except its a tad cooler:confused::cool::wubclub:

Thank you so much i will try but i am actually now looking forward to the cold weather

and i am all prepared so cannot wait i will appreiciate what i have on my doorstep more

and family and freinds cannot wiat to see.

have you managed to get out here yet!!! i cannot remember who has and rtned or have and still here its been a long journey and was worth it or i would have said down the line

the famous words WHAT IF!!!

annemarie

Guest GillianM

Hi Annemarie, our estate agent said this by email.

Hi Gillian,

When you want to break a lease, the prospective new tenants that you are referring must complete an application form & be approved by the landlord just the same as you were when you leased the property.

You will have to continue paying the rent until a new tenancy commences & there are also fees payable for breaking the lease.

Do you have fees to pay even if you have someone willing to take over lease?

and did you have charges to pay for cancelling home and internet?

Gillian

Hi Annemarie, our estate agent said this by email.

Hi Gillian,

When you want to break a lease, the prospective new tenants that you are referring must complete an application form & be approved by the landlord just the same as you were when you leased the property.

You will have to continue paying the rent until a new tenancy commences & there are also fees payable for breaking the lease.

Do you have fees to pay even if you have someone willing to take over lease?

and did you have charges to pay for cancelling home and internet?

Gillian

Hi gillian,

yes we have to give them 1wk money and 10%fee as well which they said they shall take out of the bond so,we had no charges for home or internet as we ave not had it long enough..

Guest GillianM

You will all be excited about returning home tomorrow then.....lucky you, wish it was me. I am sure we are on a 2 year contract with broadband but not phone so may get charged for breaking it. Safe journey home and have a lovely white Xmas and a very Merry New Year xxxxxx

Gillian

thank you gillian i will be thinking of you all and most stuff out here is 2yrs but because we had it less than 60days we were ok,so good luck with everything speak soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GillianM

Hi Annemarie, hope everything is well with you and your family. How was your flight home and are you happy to be home? i can't wait to go, seems like its taking forever. The landlord gave the go ahead for that family to take over our house and they are buying all our furniture so that's great for us. Just trying to sell the car, its been on carsales.com.au for 6 weeks and still not sold and now reduced price more so god knows what to do if it dosn't sell. We could maybe get a garage to buy it off us but at a great loss but better than nothing. You are so lucky to be home for Xmas and New Year. Theres no Xmas spirit here at all, seems so strange being here. the weather for Summer still isn't that great. We are waiting and celebrating it all back home in January and buying each other and family presents back home. Well have a lovely white Xmas and all the luck in the world.

Gillian

Archived