Glenorchy

malaya

Hi, I have visited Tas once earlier this year and loved it. I am in the process of applying for a job in Glenorchy near Hobart. Does anyone have any info on this area they could share. I am not interested in schools - no kids!! More about rural life, local amenities such as shops, cinemas, eating out.

Thanks

Guest siamsusie
Hi, I have visited Tas once earlier this year and loved it. I am in the process of applying for a job in Glenorchy near Hobart. Does anyone have any info on this area they could share. I am not interested in schools - no kids!! More about rural life, local amenities such as shops, cinemas, eating out.

Thanks

Hi Malaya... welcome to PIO... I am bumping this up for you, its been a while. Skani or HappyLass amongst others will certainly tell you about Glenorchy. They are Hobartians and will be able to assist you a great deal.

data=LtgX-e3f8ctI3U5dJtbt7EJ1ZfRneYme,bqqv0ufDAeYxfcl2jFkR6riDRu3TIk_owj9QQ2qCEUiwtEcMNdkz4XaRZOu8YVVB5uu0vMmS7p5zsg

Some wonderful bike rides to be had as well may I add.... I am sure you will be delighted with your decision .

Welcome to Tasmania when you arrive love Susie x:hug:

Thanks

Sorry, I missed this post.

Glenorchy is actually a suburb of Hobart, although it gives itself the grand title of "city" - but to anyone from overseas that is laughable. It is the most industrial area of Hobart and not one I would choose to live in. Shops, the cinema (1) and eating out are basic.

However, if you are working there you would be within easy commuting distance of many other pleasant areas for living. And it is only a couple of miles from the main Hobart district for eating out, entertainment etc.

Archived