where to live?

Guest claireand bob

Guest claireand bob

hi, :D

i was wondering where people are planning to stay when they arrive in oz.

We are planning to move to brisbane, we will rent to start with but will have to start looking when we get there.

Are there any short term rentals available, there are only the two of us so we would only need an apartment type place

any info would be great

Claire and bob

xx :P

Hiya Guys

We too fancy Brisbane and are also hoping to rent for a while ,,http://www.realestate.com.au/ seem to have alot of rental properties available in and around Brisbane.If you arent sure just where to go have a look at http://www.ourbrisbane.com/ this site has so many links and tips it will keep you occupied for hours.Good luck with your search ,i hope you find this of help

Cal x

Guest claireand bob
Hiya Guys

We too fancy Brisbane and are also hoping to rent for a while ,,http://www.realestate.com.au/ seem to have alot of rental properties available in and around Brisbane.If you arent sure just where to go have a look at http://www.ourbrisbane.com/ this site has so many links and tips it will keep you occupied for hours.Good luck with your search ,i hope you find this of help

Hi, we have been to brisbanne before so we know most of the areas, i found some apartments fully furnished that you can rent for 1 wek to 3 months, they are like the type you would stop in on a sc holiday. there are loads actually they range from $250-$600 per week, but they have everything you need to get started.

How far along are you with your application? We are going for medical 30th march, application was sent 29 dec 2005. skilled visa.

thanks for the info

Claire and Bob

Guest SuzieQ

Hi Claire and Bob,

Just out of curiosity was your visa a 136 general skilled and on the MODL list? You seem to have got through to medicals very quickly? Did you use an emigration agent or do it yourself? And finally, did you send it to Adelaide. If you have a look at the forum on 136 skilled apps you'll understand why I am asking all these questions!! :twisted:

Sorry for all the questions, we are currently having skills assessed and I was thinking the application bit would take up to a year!

Thanks in advance.

Sue.

hiya ,i think we are on a very similar time scale to yourselves ,our application went off end of december too. Are you doing the medicals un-requested or have you been asked.We are applying for 136 skilled (TRA) MODL.i was hoping we would be called for meds towards end of March ,as this is the go or stay stage as i have a liver complaint and no-one knows which way they will go.The apartments you mentioned sound great but would have to check they are child friendly ,i am going out to Brisbane on Wednesday for a few weeks ,so will pick up some literature and have a snoop around

Cal x

Guest claireand bob

Our visa is 136 as i am a nurse, we were told the application may be processed quicker because of being nurse, but i am not sure.

We are going for medicals and doing police checks unrequested because if we are accepted we want to move jan or feb 2007. Hopefully having the medicals done will speed it up.

I had my skills assessed ages ago but decided to wait in applying as bob is being made reddundant so will get a good pay out.

We have used agents concept australia they have been great so far and they sent the application to adelaide.

calngary enjoy your trip, we thought brisbane was excellent.

Suzieq if you have any more questions please ask.

buy for now.

Guest choobs
hi, :D

i was wondering where people are planning to stay when they arrive in oz.

We are planning to move to brisbane, we will rent to start with but will have to start looking when we get there.

Are there any short term rentals available, there are only the two of us so we would only need an apartment type place

any info would be great

Claire and bob

xx :P

Hallo,

We're going to Rothbury in the Hunter Valley (New South Wales). It's a very rural place. Initially, we'll be staying with relatives before looking for somewhere permanent, depending on schools, work etc.

Choobs

Archived