Sharing our packing experience...

B1K3R

I have to admit that for us, the most stressful thing when immigrating, packing our stuff was/is the most stressful thing in the whole process....

We decided at the last moment to ship our stuff a month before the planned date due to change of circumstances. It took us 6 straight days to pack most of the stuff, and that is without the furniture and heavy stuff!!!!!!

I never realised wife had so many clothes and junk :biglaugh: And from the kitchen...tons of boxes! :wacko:

So my message here for those preparing to pack, plan it well, as it takes ages to wrap properly the breakable stuff etc.

To make things worse, daughter has been sick all week, and as always we got no help from 'family' or 'friends'. Shippers coming on Friday morning and hopefully we will be able to complete the packing by tomorrow!

Little advice...don't take it lightly, start slowly from the non important and non commonly used staff early so that you'll avoid lots of stress, backache and exhaustion! :wink:

Good luck!

PS: At least, the good thing about packing is that the day is coming nearer to start our adventure in OZ and its very exciting!

Cheers

B!K3R

Archived