Taking my aussie wife home!

bigboy01

HI all I'm a bit new to this forum stuff so please bare with me....

We are planning to go back to the uk and we are looking to apply for a settle visa. now the thing is we are newly married and have really only been a de facto/marriage for 2 years with limited proof as all our evidence is in with the AUS immigration as i am currently applying for a visa to stay with my wife.

I was wondering if i could call on the advance from everyone on this website as we really want to get a visa for the UK.

Can you please help us out by giving all your advice for

1. what to do

2. how go about it,

3. what evidence we will need to show,

4. what works and what dosen't

5. previous lesson lernt when applying- why did you get denied?

6. anything you wish you could have put in to strengthen your application

we have been married just over 6 months- and as stated before- together for 2 years.

but also most of our 'proof' is in with aus immigration- but it seems as though uk doesnt ask for as much 'proof' as aus- is this true?

We have made the desicion to go back- purely because aus isn't for us.

thanks all!

anything at all is appreciated! :notworthy:

Guest iwazawhingingpom
HI all I'm a bit new to this forum stuff so please bare with me....

We are planning to go back to the uk and we are looking to apply for a settle visa. now the thing is we are newly married and have really only been a de facto/marriage for 2 years with limited proof as all our evidence is in with the AUS immigration as i am currently applying for a visa to stay with my wife.

I was wondering if i could call on the advance from everyone on this website as we really want to get a visa for the UK.

Can you please help us out by giving all your advice for

1. what to do

2. how go about it,

3. what evidence we will need to show,

4. what works and what dosen't

5. previous lesson lernt when applying- why did you get denied?

6. anything you wish you could have put in to strengthen your application

we have been married just over 6 months- and as stated before- together for 2 years.

but also most of our 'proof' is in with aus immigration- but it seems as though uk doesnt ask for as much 'proof' as aus- is this true?

We have made the desicion to go back- purely because aus isn't for us.

thanks all!

anything at all is appreciated! :notworthy:

Hi,

Regarding your currently applying for Aus settlement i do not know if you can at the same time apply for UK settlement?

But im sure there are people on the site who can help you with that question!

I think the more info you can send in with your application the better.

Proof of a commited relationship even though you have only been married for 6 months you have been together for 2 years, so things like :

• shared bank accounts

• proof of partners beneficiary for things like life insurance & Superannuation

• Joint tenancy agreements or mortgage

• joint utilities

Other things can include photographs, birthday, valentine cards joint invitations to friends wedding/party etc as this all goes to prove a life shared!

Regarding you saying that the UK do not want as much proof as Aus, is i think wrong, the more you can send the better.

Im sure you will get lots of other advise off people who have or are going through the same thing so good luck and hope i have helped a bit!

:chatterbox: Deb :chatterbox:

Thanks Ded

You have been very helpful! We just want to make sure that we can get back to the UK. So thank you for your advice we will take it on board and start planning the process.

If you have any more advice i would love to hear it from you?

Guest catcomestoo

Have a read through the thread about spouse/settlement visas. It's bumped to the top cos I just replied to it!! It's LONG!!! But lots of good info and links to the websites that you'll need to get all the info about how to apply, costs, how long it takes, etc etc. You'll need your passports so if those are with Oz immigration then you'll definitely have to wait... Also the process can take a long time: 3-4 months, so start looking now and get all your stuff together. Basically you make an application online, then have to go and have biometric data taken, then you send off your form and all your supporting data, then you have to wait between 30-40 working days on average I think.

Have a look here for a start

Wife / Husband / Dependant

Good luck!

Guest rache&matt

Hi there,

I sponsored my aussie husband to come to the uk, but it was 8 years ago so things may have changed.

You dont need half as much as you do to get into Australia.

Me and my husband had been together for 18 months and married only 2 weeks when we applied. He needed no police checks and no medical, just a form and a bit of evidence. We got his visa back in 3 weeks!!!!!

Like I say it may have changed since then.

I am presently applying for my spouse visa so we can go back to Australia and I cannot believe what they need compared to UK immigration.

Hope this helps.

Rache

• 1 month later...

Archived