Help and Advice Please!!

Perth Trotters

Hi All,

I am new to this site so please excuse me as I learn to navigate my way around!!!

There seems to be so much valuable information on this site that I had to write and see if you could offer us any help and advice!

My husband and I are in our late thirties with a 4 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. We are planning on moving to Perth either in January or May 2011 and therin lies the dilemma!

I had a career break when we started our family and have since decided the corprate rat race is not for me and have decided a career in nursing is (something I have always wanted to do) I have been lucky enough to be accepted to both Curtin Uni and Murdoch Uni to study Nursing next year! So now we have to choose which and I am really confused!! What are your thoughts!

We quite like the fact that the Nursing Degree at Murdoch is based at the Peel Campus, Mandurah as this area seems to offer a more 'village' lifestyle so to speak and is more affordable to us as a family! We grew up in South Africa and have been in the UK for the last 11 years and are hoping our kids can experience the wonderful laid back lifestyle we were lucky enough to grow up in! However Curtin Uni also has a big appeal! Can anyone tell me a bit more about both Uni's and also has anyone done something similar? Our kids are obv the top priority so I need to ensure they are in good day care whilst I am at Uni and would prefer to have as little a commute as possible!

Any advice very welcome we have some BIG decisions to make fast!

Many thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you next year!!

Excited and confused!!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi we are in Melbourne so I don't know the answers sorry but I wanted to say welcome to PIO and good luck with everything.

Kate

Archived