moving to glenelg

Guest sharonchef

Guest sharonchef

hi,we are moving to glenelg SA in 5 weeks from the uk.what's it like?we are a married couple aged 40 with no children,i am a chef and my husband is in house building/maintenence.is there much work there and would we fit in?i am excited but very nervous as we don't know anyone out there.

Guest guest33730
hi,we are moving to glenelg SA in 5 weeks from the uk.what's it like?we are a married couple aged 40 with no children,i am a chef and my husband is in house building/maintenence.is there much work there and would we fit in?i am excited but very nervous as we don't know anyone out there.

sharonchef,

Glenelg is a great place but as usual it will depend on what you like, there are many restaurants in the area so plenty of potential employers , you also have the tram with direct access into adelaide central. Also the beach and lots of shops/bars etc. It gets crowded in the summer months and is very quiet comparably in the winter.

Personally I love visiting, would holiday there but wouldn't want to live there but I know many that would.

All the best with your plans

Daniel

p.s. check out our sister site at PomsInAdelaide: South Australia Migration & Expat Forum

Hi

I visited Glenelg for a few days last year...really enjoyed it. We stayed in a lovely little cottage about 2 streets away from the beach. There were lots of little restaurants and bars so hopefully work will not be too hard to find. It had everything that we needed including library, post office and supermarket. It was one of the nicest resorts we stayed in. The tram into Adelaide wasn't expensive and it didn't take too long to get there.

Enjoy

Hi there,

We live a couple of suburbs down the coast in Brighton & have been here for 4 months now. Glenelg is great & sounds perfect for the work you need. You may find it a little busy in summer though, but there are many beautiful suburbs surrounding it well within walking distance. To live this close to the beach down here is quite frankly living the dream we wanted. The people of Adelaide are so welcoming, I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world.

Guest Guest9973

If there are just the two of you and you don't mind living in a small unit / flat you will enjoy it.Plenty to do there in walking distance and good links to the city.

There are other areas in Adelaide that you might want to have a look at so don't narrow down your choices too much until you get here and have a good look about:wink:

Archived