Blackpool - Gold Coast Thursday 30 Sept

Guest Egans

Well after 4 years since we started the ball rolling we are flying out on Thursday, PR's in our pockets, heading for the Gold Coast and we will be looking to rent on Pacific Pines, so anyone in that area it would be great to meet up in 2 or 3 weeks time. No jobs though so thats our main worry, oh's a nurse (Mental Health) & I am a ICI trained mechanical technician so any contacts would be great, nerves are going wild and emotions are running high but we will be rite. Flying with Singapore and have around 15 hrs there so have booked a 6 hr block at the airport hotel to catch some z's then we will have a mooch around and land at Brisbane 07.20 on Saturday. Staying at Bluewaters Appartments for 3 weeks & hopefully find somewhere to rent within that time.

Just like to say thanks to all who post on Poms in Oz, although we havnt posted much, we have learnt loads, keep it up and it is something we will be doing, to offer our support ilke we have recieved

Will do a arrival report when we catch up with ourselves

Kids cant wait to get in the pool (11 & 3 year old lads)

The Egans,

Good luck for when you get to Oz and hope you both find jobs quickly. If you have a long lay over at Singapore Airport, dont forget to pack your swimwear in your hand luggage and go over to Terminal 1 for a swim in the rooftop pool. You`ll feel really relaxed and refreshed! Havce a safe trip!

Well after 4 years since we started the ball rolling we are flying out on Thursday, PR's in our pockets, heading for the Gold Coast and we will be looking to rent on Pacific Pines, so anyone in that area it would be great to meet up in 2 or 3 weeks time. No jobs though so thats our main worry, oh's a nurse (Mental Health) & I am a ICI trained mechanical technician so any contacts would be great, nerves are going wild and emotions are running high but we will be rite. Flying with Singapore and have around 15 hrs there so have booked a 6 hr block at the airport hotel to catch some z's then we will have a mooch around and land at Brisbane 07.20 on Saturday. Staying at Bluewaters Appartments for 3 weeks & hopefully find somewhere to rent within that time.

Just like to say thanks to all who post on Poms in Oz, although we havnt posted much, we have learnt loads, keep it up and it is something we will be doing, to offer our support ilke we have recieved

Will do a arrival report when we catch up with ourselves

Kids cant wait to get in the pool (11 & 3 year old lads)

The Egans,

Hey

Wow 4 years thats one hell of a wait!!! We have only taken 10 months and that seemed like ages.

We are a female couple who are arriving Gold Coast in January 2011. My OH is a learning disability nurse and has a job. I am a physio and will be searching for work once we are all sorted. Would be nice to meet up with some fellow northerners even if they are from over the pennines :biggrin:

Well have a safe journey and I hope its everything you wished for :wink: look forward to the arrival report.

Hey

Wow 4 years thats one hell of a wait!!! We have only taken 10 months and that seemed like ages.

We are a female couple who are arriving Gold Coast in January 2011. My OH is a learning disability nurse and has a job. I am a physio and will be searching for work once we are all sorted. Would be nice to meet up with some fellow northerners even if they are from over the pennines :biggrin:

Well have a safe journey and I hope its everything you wished for :wink: look forward to the arrival report.

Thanks for replying, we will have to keep in contact and arrange to meet when you arrive, , 1 day to go now, first bit of advice, start getting everything sorted a weeks before your flights, we've been running round like idiots, dont believe how long things take, been in 2 banks today 1 1/2 hr it took. Good luck

Thanks for replying, we will have to keep in contact and arrange to meet when you arrive, , 1 day to go now, first bit of advice, start getting everything sorted a weeks before your flights, we've been running round like idiots, dont believe how long things take, been in 2 banks today 1 1/2 hr it took. Good luck

Hi Egans

Would be great to meet you guys very kind of you. Hope things have calmed down a little bit. Thanks for the advice of sorting things early. I am finishing work 10th December and we dont fly until 23rd January so heres hoping thats enough time!!!!

Have you opened an OZ bank account from UK? I am looking to sort that out at the moment.

Have a safe journey and keep in touch

Archived