Dog Crates

3 Piccos

Has anybody managed to get a crate made for their dog that they can have for a few weeks at home so their dog can get used to it in their own surroundings. A few companies I have spoken to want your pet to stay with them for a few days whilst they put the dog in the crate so the dog can get used to it. To me it seems a contraction in terms because my dog would be stressed being put in a crate in a strange place by people she does not know. Help!!!:wacko:

Guest The Pom Queen

I agree that the dog should be able to get use to the crate in their own surroundings, it is less stressful. A lot of companies probably don't like the extra cost of shipping the crate to you so maybe you could offer to pay the cost involved or if they are local go down and collect it yourself.

Hi, I have decided to fly Rosie over with PetAir UK who are based near London. They have been extremely helpful and everything is done super quick. I had a quote the same day. Unlike the other company I contacted who took one week to send a brochure to me. I then would have had to wait for a quotation. They would not make the crate unless they saw the dog. I have measured Rosie three times to make sure the measurements are spot on and they have quoted £1996 for everything except the vaccinations and blood tests which are being done by our local vet. Their vet will check Rosie at the airport and seal the crate. They have charged £56 for a carrier to deliver the crate to my door so I am really pleased. Rosie will have a few weeks to get used to it. They also spray the crate with pheromone and have advised me to get more off my vet to spray before the flight. They also put special absorbent material on the bottom of the crate, which is then topped by vet bedding. This ensures Rosie stays dry if she wets during the flight. Much like nappies draw away urine from the baby's skin. The other company put shredded paper in the bottom of the crate. I am driving Rosie down to London myself the day before and staying at a Travel Lodge and she can stay with me until the following day when I hand her over. Boo Hoo!! They would have come up to North Wales to pick her up but I would rather her have the freedom of the car for the journey. I am feeling much better now! Just got to get our hotels sorted and then short term furnished accommodation!! Thanks

Guest Annette from the forest

Hello, try Pet Air UK , they make each crate based on the measurements you give them for your pet and will send the crate out to you at your expense for your pet to get used to it.

Archived