IT Contractor - Ltd/Pty/Msc/Salary Packaging

weemster

Hi All,

We are arriving in Melboure on the 20th December. I'm an IT contractor

in the Uk (have been for many years) and will be doing the same in Australia.

I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the Australian equiv. to UK Limited Companies. I operate a LTD here now and am trying to guage the pros and cons of doing the same in Aus and if this is the normal route and if so how to setup ltd (pty), find a good accoutant etc. and also

if agents are happy with the pty approach as oppose to service company (salary packaging) route ?

I suspect many have been down this route an opted for the for the service company route as not wanting to upset the Aussie hector (tax man!).

Any help most welcome and thank you in advance.

David

• 2 years later...

I am also an IT Contractor (PMO) and want to come to Australia; I am presuming that you found the answers to your questions and hope you can share?

A company called Aurec have said they will sponsor me if I get my own contracts and I am wondering if you found out any more about salary packaging companies.

xxx

Hi All,

We are arriving in Melboure on the 20th December. I'm an IT contractor

in the Uk (have been for many years) and will be doing the same in Australia.

I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the Australian equiv. to UK Limited Companies. I operate a LTD here now and am trying to guage the pros and cons of doing the same in Aus and if this is the normal route and if so how to setup ltd (pty), find a good accoutant etc. and also

if agents are happy with the pty approach as oppose to service company (salary packaging) route ?

I suspect many have been down this route an opted for the for the service company route as not wanting to upset the Aussie hector (tax man!).

Any help most welcome and thank you in advance.

David

Archived