What do you miss most about Australia?

starlight7

Just browsing these posts I was wondering what those have returned would say they missed most about Oz?

I have lived in Oz for most of my life but have been back to the UK for extended periods due to family circumstances. When I was there for a few months I missed Australia terribly and got homesick for family and friends. What I missed, apart from the weather was a relaxed way of life without the subtle pressure you can get in the UK.I missed the open spaces ( I was in London mostly), I missed the friendliness of passers by and also the understated humour, believe it or not.

Funny you mention the humour because so many people do not get the Aussie humour. Very very dry.

I too was like you lived in UK and missed Australia came back here and missed UK its something that is always with first time migrants. However now I am long over all that and look more at my life and individual circumstances and think to myself I have been very lucky. Always in work, not rich, but never short of cash like previous generations. Also realised its me that has to make myself happy wherever I am. Sitting wallowing does not do it. Getting out and about does do it. Just going for a walk nodding to others who are walking is very pleasant. Look for the simple things. Happiness is free

Archived