Direct Flights from Perth to ???? - HELP!!

pfeds

I'm in England as I can't get a permanent visa, and my girlfriend in Oz. We've been apart for three months and have another 3+ months ago. We have 7 days in October to meet somewhere and time constraints mean it has to be a single flight from Perth.

We were thinking about Hong Kong but the prices have sky-rocketed in the last few days, so we need somewhere cheaper.

I don't want to go to:

Indonesia, Malaysia, or Singapore.

I need ideas of where to go. Vietnam could be a possibility, but are there direct flights? I looked into Bangkok with Thai Airways but the flight times aren't that good.

What I really want to know is which airlines fly to what locations!? A list of Airlines would be useful. I've tried:

Qantas (KL, Singapore, etc)

Jetstar (KL, Singapore, etc)

Singapore Airlines (Singapore)

Malaysian Airlines (KL)

Thai Airways (Bangkok but awkward flight times)

Air Asia (only KL and Indonesia)

...?

I'm starting to panic as if this week falls through I don't know what I'll do. Probably head to Australian immigration on a rampage...

Guest siamsusie
I'm in England as I can't get a permanent visa, and my girlfriend in Oz. We've been apart for three months and have another 3+ months ago. We have 7 days in October to meet somewhere and time constraints mean it has to be a single flight from Perth.

We were thinking about Hong Kong but the prices have sky-rocketed in the last few days, so we need somewhere cheaper.

I don't want to go to:

Indonesia, Malaysia, or Singapore.

I need ideas of where to go. Vietnam could be a possibility, but are there direct flights? I looked into Bangkok with Thai Airways but the flight times aren't that good.

What I really want to know is which airlines fly to what locations!? A list of Airlines would be useful. I've tried:

Qantas (KL, Singapore, etc)

Jetstar (KL, Singapore, etc)

Singapore Airlines (Singapore)

Malaysian Airlines (KL)

Thai Airways (Bangkok but awkward flight times)

Air Asia (only KL and Indonesia)

...?

I'm starting to panic as if this week falls through I don't know what I'll do. Probably head to Australian immigration on a rampage...

I can fly to Vietnam direct on certain days from Melbourne, but from Perth you are probably looking at Perth-Singapore-Hanoi/HoChiMinh

Emirates Perth - Dubai -Vietnam

Air Asia Perth - KL - KL- Vietnam

JetStar Perth - Ho Chi Minh

Thai you say doesnt suit your timetable.

Best wishes Susie

I'm currently looking into Jetstar but no success! All flights stop at Singapore. It's perfect for the flight out, but it seems all flights back have a long layover in Singapore. When we have 7 days together in a 6 month period it would be awful for her to spend a whole day at Singapore airport!

Perth, at times like this, really is a pita :mad:

I also looked into Emirates to Dubai as that seemed like a good idea. Unfortunately there's only one flight a day and they don't fit our tight schedule, and anway she was concerned about flying there alone as she's blonde and would stick out like a sore thumb (apparently).

Guest siamsusie
I'm currently looking into Jetstar but no success! All flights stop at Singapore. It's perfect for the flight out, but it seems all flights back have a long layover in Singapore. When we have 7 days together in a 6 month period it would be awful for her to spend a whole day at Singapore airport!

Perth, at times like this, really is a pita :mad:

I also looked into Emirates to Dubai as that seemed like a good idea. Unfortunately there's only one flight a day and they don't fit our tight schedule, and anway she was concerned about flying there alone as she's blonde and would stick out like a sore thumb (apparently).

Well I have travelled countless times to Dubai with Emirates and seriously no harm will come to her, thousands of blonds frequent their airspace:wink:. Unfortunately "the hub" i.e. Singapore, KL, Bangkok, Dubai are all part and parcel of the trip.

Singapore airport is excellent for a stop over, transit lounge is good, free movies, massages, hotels, sight seeing etc...

If you have lodged for a defact/pmv spouse visa etc can you not come in on a Tourist Visa showing a return ticket with express purpose of returning to the UK?

Susie

Ha, for Jetstar I looked at all possible destinations - Bangkok, Manila, Penang, Ho Chi Mingh, Taipei - and all had suitable flights there but for each destination the flight back has a stupidly long layover in Singapore. Jetstar really need to think about their flight schedule as it's ridiculous!

Still, I suppose a Jetstar flight to the destination would be ok if I can find another airline back.

Guest siamsusie

Bear in mind that Air Asia and Jet Star are known for hiccups on many occasions. If time isnt on your side, they can be infuriating! personally I prefer the larger airlines but I am aware budgets take priority of course on many occasions.

Susie

Thanks for your help Susie!

I had a look at Emirates and it seems like Dubai could work! There's only one annoying thing - on the day she has to fly home there are two flights. One is at 2am Sunday morning (so the holiday would end Saturday night) and another leaves 11am on the Sunday which would be far better, but it's $3000 more!!! Oh well, can't win 'em all!

I'll mention Dubai again. She wouldn't need to get a cab from the airport on her own as I can land at the same time seeing as there are countless flights from the UK (the convenient country!).

Hopefully I can get this booked tomorrow and then be over the moon that I'll get to see the woman I love again!

Thanks again.

Guest siamsusie

To be honest, seeing that you are on a tight framework, I think you are far better off doing it this way! Emirates is a good airline, it is a massive airport now so maybe choose a central meeting place i.e. The International Hotel within the airport Dubai International Hotel to avoid loosing each other... Just a thought.

Have a great "get together", and hopefully you guys will be together on a more permanent basis very shortly

Best wishes Susie x

Guest siamsusie

You can choose a nice area in the hotel to meet, some nice bars there, with views over the runways, more relaxed... have a great time x

Well, I am a blonde and have frequently transited and stayed overnight in Dubai on my own - it is no problem at all. Getting a taxi is not a problem either - there are even female taxi drivers at the airport who will only take female pasengers (or families) so I normally get moved to the front of the queue if there is one.

Archived