What Are Your Reasons For Going ?

Polkey

HI ALL,

I TOLD A CLIENT TODAY ABOUT PIO AND SHE WAS VERY INTRESTED TO KNOW WHAT REASONS PEOPLE HAD FOR WANTING TO LEAVE OLD BLIGHTY AND HEAD OUT TO OZ AND WAS THERE A COMMON REASON FOR THIS.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A VERY GOOD QUESTION AS I KNOW THE REASONS IM TRYING , SUNSHINE, SURF, CHILLED PACE, BEING ABLE TO AFORD A HOUSE, GETING AWAY FROM THE NEGATIVE MIND SET........., BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE VERY INTERESTING TO EVERY ONE TO FIND OUT WHAT INSPIRED ALL OF YOU OUT THERE TO TAKE THE PLUNGE SO I INVITE YOU TO SHARE IT WITH US.:jimlad:

Guest alfixie

I Would Say The Most Important To Me Is A Better Life For My Children,then The Outdoor Life, Laid Back, No Keeping Up With The Jones I Hope, I'm Sick Of People Telling Me They Have Bought Another House, Cheaper Housing, Ocean Life And Hopefully Living A Happier Life. I Know There Will Be Low Times, I Am Close To My Family So I Will Miss Them And Friends, But Hey They Can All Come Out And Visit.

Guest Mel n Matt

I find this question really interesting as we too am faced with the relentless questionning of WHY? from friends and family when we have a comfortable life in the UK. My answer to them is WHY NOT? We went on our reccie in April and were keen not to come back with a rose tinted view and did everything we could to find some negatives. But heh it appears Aus does have its own problems but they pale into insignificance compared to those in the UK. My view is "Life is what you make it" and we will do our hardest to get to Aus and give our new life a 100% and if its not for us we will can always come home. BUT at least we can say we gave it a go.

Guest Macd

So that the kids can have a better life especially when they get older i.e. not afraid to go out at night without being set upon.

Again, we know its not going to be all fun in the sun but it certainly makes working/life a bit easier.

Tracey

Guest KP Nuts

1) Yeh cos it sucks

2) cos it has less rain an more sun (hopefully)

3) Better enviroment for kids (we have 3)

4) living it large but slower

5) Cos it aint so PC

6) Friendlier people

7) Wanna work for someone else so they have all the headache instead of me, an i dont mind what it is as long as i'm outside (have been all my life)

8) A better government

9) Being in a country that does'nt keep saying, yes mr bush, please mr bush, can i shine your shoe's mr bush or would you like me to kiss your butt again mr bush

10) Cos i want too

Sorry.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Part of our reason for going is the big adventure. We both love Australia and want to give a life down under a try. We would much rather go and it not work than turn 60 and wonder 'What if...'

We don't yet have children but don't have a work life balance here that would allow us to have a family life that we would like. We don't really want to bring children up here for a variety of reasons covered by others above (and I'm a teacher and think the education system needs a good re-think too!)

We want something different but we are still prepared to work for it!

Felicity and Michael:wubclub:

Guest sallyclaire

We are hoping to go as we feel that we will have a better quality of family life most importantly, but better weather, great beaches & surf also help!!!!:cute:

Sally

Guest clayton gang
HI ALL,

I TOLD A CLIENT TODAY ABOUT PIO AND SHE WAS VERY INTRESTED TO KNOW WHAT REASONS PEOPLE HAD FOR WANTING TO LEAVE OLD BLIGHTY AND HEAD OUT TO OZ AND WAS THERE A COMMON REASON FOR THIS.

Got to say I also agree with Jo. The UK does not have anything to offer anymore. When you work in this country you get nothing. If you don't and know how to work the system you get everything.

We all know that Australiaas may have it's ups and down but, I still feel it offers a lot more than the UK.

Jenny:cute:

we are going to get better quality time together as a family,which the weather will help us do,the constant rain has really make me decide we are doing the right thing to give it a go in australia,we will really miss our friends when we go they are a great bunch,also we want to have another baby but we need another bedroom which we cant afford in the uk:jimlad:plus we want to own our own buisness and australia gives us a realistic chance of this in maybe 3 years after we get settled,we cant wait to start our new life its as if everything is on hold :cry:

Guest Working to fish

well

our life here is great , but we feel life in oz will be greater !!!!!!!!. TIME WILL TELL. reason for going , who need,s a reason.

Guest Curlysoo

I am married to an Ozzie ... our plan was always to go there eventually, but after our 4 week holiday there last year during which my OH's mum died .. we had a re-think about timescales and decided to go next year. I didnt expect to love the country and the people as much as I did... but then again I fell for John bigtime, and until then I had always said I would NEVER remarry! :cute:

We are going to Sydney by the way.

Well I Geuss Theres Def A Bit Of A Theme Running Here, Its Nice To Know That Your Not The Only One With Theses Views. Funny How So Few Of Us Are Prepaired To Take The Plunge. So Many People Ask Us If We Are Scared Of Such A Big Step But For All Of The Reasons Above I Think We Are More Scared Of Not Doing It And Being Stuck In Blighty For Ever, Bring It On.

Thanks Every One Its Great To Hear You Thoughts.:)

Guest HelenaBooth

Im sick of pandering to other peoples human rights here

when no one gives to hoots about mine

x

Guest asylon

One big reason.... so I can be at home with my children and not have to work full time and pay someone else to take care of them for me just so that we can pay the humongous mortgage. Thats not why I had children.

And because life is all about experiences and adventures and whatever happens it will most certainly be that !

(And so I can go diving lots)

Guest Abi&Dan

About a gadzillion reasons - though the main one is just cos I fancy it and I stamp my feet and spit the dummy when I don't get my own way :arghh: lol

I'm also with Felicity in the fact that we don't yet have kids and there's no way we can in the UK and also have the lifestyle we would aspire to (big house, plenty of social life (BBQs etc), lots of sun (would require expensive hols in UK).

I also don't want the kind of kids we see on a daily basis on our local streets cos they fear nothing and know they can act how they want to whoever they want and there's no retribution.

You have to work hard in Oz to acheive greatness :cute: but there are certain things it can hand you on a plate if you're willing to embrace the culture and lifestyle. Can't wait.

Guest jpearse

Hi all,

People ask what I hate about London so much. I say I don't really hate it but I just think there has to be somewhere better in the world to live. We're really looking forward to the better weather, beaches, laid back lifestyle and cheaper housing. We're lucky enough to have our own house in London but it needs so much work doing to it that we never have time for anything else. We want to spend more time as a family doing stuff we enjoy and not forwever doing DIY!! Oz just really seems to suit our personalities and I really feel like I should be there and not here.

JP

Guest tahe49

I have lots of reasons for wanting to go but the main one that keeps popping up is the weather and the opportunities good weather brings. I am sick of organising things outdoors only to find that it is raining AGAIN. Recently had a trip to Thorpe Park FOC - it poured with rain. Organised school fete - it poured with rain. Went to Somerset for the weekend..... it poured with rain. Just bought a gazebo...... for the rain! It is not just that you get wet but the money it costs trying to find things to entertain the kids. My son isn't allowed on his school field because of the rain, my OH won't entertain the idea of camping... because of the weather. If you go out for a day, you put on the sun cream but then bring the anoraks and umbrellas, just in case.:arghh:

Other reason are pretty much what people have said, the size of houses, the laid back life style etc.

I don't for one minute think that it is going to be paradise but I am hoping that it will improve my quality of life.

Having said all that the down side is leaving family and friends, the distance and the isolation. Its all about pro's and cons and what one outweighs the other.

Archived