Weather

Guest LongwayDown

Guest chris955

Exactly and with electricity seemingly going up every few months it is just getting worse. Being in Brisbane we don't use the heating all that much but obviously that doesn't apply to people down south, especially Canberra and Melbourne. We only have electricity but we pay about the same as you do Verulam for both, although our last bill was $300 higher for some strange reason, it was the winter bill. I don't really feel the cold anyway and my boys follow after me so I don't think we would use the heating for more than maybe 5 months a year like we used to when we lived in the UK.

I know everyones gas/electricity comsumption will be different, but we pay ours monthly to save getting big bills. My electric oven is on every day, along with the usual tv, pc, fridge/freezer and also whe washing machine. We havent got the gas heating on yet, but the gas water heater is on twice a day for three hours in the morning and three in the evening. we pay £20 a month for electricity and £50 a month for gas and are in credit with both. I know it will be more in the winter but so far am pleased with the prices here in the UK

All I can say is I have never been so cold as I have been here at night when I was in the UK:biglaugh: Only been here a short time but was shocked by just how cold I was at night. We have no heating at all in this house, at night its down to 4 degrees and in the day its gone up to 23, my thermostat is all out of sorts, in the Uk when it gets down to 4 degrees you would have the heating on full blast and the houses are built for the warmth, also it doesnt drop to 4 when you have had 23 in the day:eek:

That said, I beleive its just a few months a year so roll on the summer when I will be moaning its too hot:biglaugh:

I love it here and no one is going to get me to go back no matter what the weather is like!:cute:

Guest chris955

Is someone trying to get you to go back ?

I love it here and no one is going to get me to go back no matter what the weather is like!:cute:

Guest chris955

How we react to the cold and the heat is very much an individual thing, I don't really feel the cold and I'm not that keen on really hot weather. My brother lives near Goulburn in NSW and it gets really cold in the winter, lots of frosts but in the summer it is stiflingly hot and very dry. In Toowoomba it can also get very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. Head inland towards the border and it can reach -10 at night. Here in Brisbane it can get down into single figures at night and high 20's in the day which is possibly why people seem to always have colds and bugs.

Is someone trying to get you to go back ?

No, no one is trying to get me to go back. However I am really enjoying it here and I wanted to reflect that in the post. When I re read it, it sounded like I was really miserable and that couldnt be anything further from the truth, it was a throw away jovile last coment to leave the reader with a smile rather than a frown, well that was the point anyway :wubclub: :confused:

Archived