Worried about circumstances

Guest klangton

Guest klangton

Hi everyone,

I'm moving back to England in November with my two sons. We will have been in Australia for 2 years 10 months. We are all very excited about going back.

Since being over here, I have been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my spine and this is restricting me in many ways. When we get back, would i be entitled to any benefits at all as I am unable to work now. I need to be near my parents as my youngest son has special needs so that they can help out.

My eldest son, just about to finish year 12 over here is going down to London to live with his dad for a year.

I'm worried about how we can rent a house too as we can't stay with my parents for more than a couple of months.

Hope someone can help

Karen :sad:

Guest valleylass

Hi klangton

You've got a bit going on there ... I don't know about what if any benefits you may be entitled to. But I can help with renting, if you don't have work but do have some savings you can pay 6 months in advance to cover the length of the short term tenancy. I imagine you have lots going on at the moment but if you get a chance looks at the areas you want to live in on t'internet and research costs. This will help you hit the ground running once you are home because the rental market can be quite competitive and the research will help you identify what is a good property/value for money quickly.

Hope this helps

Guest siamsusie
Hi everyone,

I'm moving back to England in November with my two sons. We will have been in Australia for 2 years 10 months. We are all very excited about going back.

Since being over here, I have been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my spine and this is restricting me in many ways. When we get back, would i be entitled to any benefits at all as I am unable to work now. I need to be near my parents as my youngest son has special needs so that they can help out.

My eldest son, just about to finish year 12 over here is going down to London to live with his dad for a year.

I'm worried about how we can rent a house too as we can't stay with my parents for more than a couple of months.

Hope someone can help

Karen :sad:

Hi Karen,

I dont know anything about returnees, but I have observed a few things on the forums i.e.

Benfits on re-entering the UK - Claims confusion - TheSite.org

Disability Living Allowance : Directgov - Disabled people

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/moving-back-uk/54856-habitual-residency-test.html

http://www.parliament.uk/briefingpapers/commons/lib/research/briefings/snsp-00416.pdf

I sincerely hope things work out for the better for you Karen

Kind regards Susie x:hug:

Edited Karen to also include: Maybe check with people like Quoll etc regarding returnees and Uni/College fees for returnees after a period out of the country.

Also it may help having a full comprehensive medical report with you for your return. x

Archived