RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest smwarlock20
Right, does anyone think it's worth phoning DIAC directly as I have a number for the case officer??

The situation is this.....

Our tenancy here runs out in a few weeks, the landlady wants to know if we will be renewing or if she needs to look for new tenants, I don't want to sign for another 6 month lease.

DP is now completely out of work, so no funds coming in but there's a job waiting for us in Australia.

We have had a bloody awful year in this country, my 2 eldest daughters are not my partners children, and we found out that they had been subjected to abuse from their paternal grandfather on their fortnightly access visits to their dad. This has resulted in a criminal prosecution for their grandfather, and us fighting their father through the courts to the right to remove them permanently from the UK.

We were led to believe by the migration agent that we should have had a decision by september/october time and should be well on our way by now.

Our family out there have invited us for Christmas, and we're desperate to go, the girls are desperate for a fresh start and we want to see the new year in watching the fireworks over Sydney harbour, but the RSMS subclass 119 can only be granted whilst offshore so time is well and truly running out for us to get flights etc!!

What would anyone else do, and the migration agent is proving ever elusive......

Hey pinkcera I feel sorry for you.

Why don't you email DIAC and explain the problem and highlight that ,it's been more than 2 weeks that you have had CO.Aa far as I remember,he/she should grant a decision within 2 weeks

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Undertaker88
Hey pinkcera I feel sorry for you.

Why don't you email DIAC and explain the problem and highlight that ,it's been more than 2 weeks that you have had CO.Aa far as I remember,he/she should grant a decision within 2 weeks

Hi Pinceka,

That's an awful situation for now now over there, i think i should phone DIAC and explain to them now, OZ people are generally are compassionate, so if i were them i will grant a visa for you.

hope this help and good luck

Guest Whoopseydaisy

Got our visa yesterday!!!! What a relief!

Lodged visa on the 19th July, offshore 119, not DRC. CO officer on the 22nd November.

Hoping to book the flights asap and head over next month. Darwin here we come!!

Sorry about this ,still new to this ,,we are off shore in Bolton,it's a 119 ,and it was a completed app when lodged ,in nov

Does that mean it was a drc...

Hi Cheznandi. DIAC decide who is DRC or not. It is supposed to be a RMA (registered migration agents only) that complete a "decision ready certified document" at lodging. However a colleague and several users on the forum did not use any RMA and got DRC. If this happens it is pure luck! However, if solo, I suggest get the RSMS checklist from DIAC webpage complete it and place it infront of your application. To find out if your application is DRC or not, wait about 4-6 weeks (Christmas season might belonger) for a CO (case officer). If after 6 weeks you get no CO, I reckon assume its not DRC. If that is the case expect 6 months from the acknowledgement from DIAC of lodging your application (that is at Parramatta). What I have noticied, an email asking whether your are DRC or not, is immediately replied to by an automated reply (on some previous pages in the forum), but after 4 days a communication officer would say if its a DRC or not, but give it at least 5 weeks.

Guest smwarlock20
Got our visa yesterday!!!! What a relief!

Lodged visa on the 19th July, offshore 119, not DRC. CO officer on the 22nd November.

Hoping to book the flights asap and head over next month. Darwin here we come!!

ongratulations!enjoy the ozzy life...

parra seems to be on 19th july after 2 weeks.christmas effect

this new format of PIO does not allow to reply from my ipad.how do we inform the moderators???

ongratulations!enjoy the ozzy life...

parra seems to be on 19th july after 2 weeks.christmas effect

this new format of PIO does not allow to reply from m

y ipad.how do we inform the moderators???

Hi Smawarlock20, I sent email for an update and got this:

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 27 May 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 11 July 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 22 July 2011

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 13 June 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 18 August 2011.

I don't think it has been updated yet as the dates are the same for nearly 2 wks now so how did you get

the info about Parra doing 19 th of July?

Thanks

katerina

Guest smwarlock20
Hi Smawarlock20, I sent email for an update and got this:

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 27 May 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 11 July 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 22 July 2011

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 13 June 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 18 August 2011.

I don't think it has been updated yet as the dates are the same for nearly 2 wks now so how did you get

the info about Parra doing 19 th of July?

Thanks

katerina

Hey Katrina.keeping the fact in mind that whoopseydaisy was granted.that wasnt an update but rather a hope which we might recieve in the rmail tmrw.and usualy the update is done on monday.so keep the fingers crossed.:)

Hey Katrina.keeping the fact in mind that whoopseydaisy was granted.that wasnt an update but rather a hope which we might recieve in the rmail tmrw.and usualy the update is done on monday.so keep the fingers crossed.:)

I thought i have the wrong update..:-( I think whoopseydaisy lodged in Melbourne :-)

have everything crossed for tomorrow!!!

Hi Katherina,

Hope you get some good news tomorro. We are being messed around big time by Vetassess so it looks like it wont be until Jan or even Feb before we are able to lodge...trying to put it out of my mind now and enjoy Christmas..

Hi Ywool, I am sorry about your troubles with the Vetassess, hopefully you will lodge first thing in Jan. we went for the medicals on tue, it was ok just weight, height, eye sight, ears, feeling tummy area , no questions asked.. Plus bloods and X-ray for adults

It took 2 hours all together, biggest problem was the parking!!! Impossible :-(

My 3 year old asked in front of the doctor if he is Santa , I said no he is not he is a dr why? Because he has big tummy like Santa...:-))

Fingers crossed Melbourne moved to August!!

Hi there, i had a job offer in March 2011, employer nomination was submitted the same week and was approved the end of April. Our medicals were done on 1st August, I posted our visa application along with police checks and all other documents they required on 9th August and we were granted our RSMS visa on 7th October 2011. We're all booked now to arrive early Feb and can't wait. Hope this helps and Good luck with your application :)

How silly of me to expect parra to move forward.as usual the dates remain same.

Check this out

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 06 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 July 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011

Melbourne is sooo slow! Moved 8 days in 4 wks!!!

way to go Perth!!!

Guest smwarlock20

Check this out Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 06 June 2011. Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 July 2011Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011Melbourne is sooo slow! Moved 8 days in 4 wks!!!way to go Perth!!!
Wow good news from parra.thank you katrina for this.will have good night sleep tonight

This is update on 12/12/11

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 06 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 July 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 30 June 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 2 November 2011.

Can some one please tell, what parra is doing.............. WHY their is 10 WEEKS gap between parra and perth........ This is not fare.

Guest smwarlock20
i recon, parra and melbn should give some of their applications to perth processing centre

wish parra n melb had the brains to manage.shame on them.they should have some policy to equalize.i bekive they never learn.

Hey guys,

Who knows the difference between assessing officer and case officer?

submit my visa application on 9th of Nov and assessing officer asked for medical and Form 1221 on 30th of Nov