RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Just received an email from Parramatta - sad news! Our application is a non DRC, despite a colleagues exact same application approved in 5 weeks! That means if they are looking at 11 July RSMS applications now we would be allocated a CO by mid April. This is hopelessly late for my son's university starting beginning of Feb as a domestic engineering student in the city we stay.

Hi only some MA can lodge DRC, but you could write a Letter to the DIAC explaining the urgency of your situation ( your son's UNI) and they might be able to process your application faster or advice you if you can get some other visa until your RSMs is granted. Don't forget to enclose some proof that he is starting in feb.

Our agent wrote a priority letter to the DIAC on our behalf and they moved our application to the "urgent pile" . This was 2 wks ago and so far no CO so I don't know if it's going to help it might be worth the try!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all

APC1: I sent a quick email to DIAC asked if ours is a DRC or not. They did reply after 4 days to inform me it was a non DRC application.

Vikas: Understood, but so many members on this forum were DRC without RMA. Over 60 pages and I have browsed the lot, checked dates etc.

Katerina: Sent the email you suggested last night, thanks for advice and lets hold thumbs! He has to be a PR to study at cheaper citizen rates and a PR to study at our local campus. As a foreign student with a visa he can't.

Guest Whoopseydaisy
Hi that's great news! Fingers crossed it wont be too long. Did you apply through Melbourne?

Yes, applied through Melbourne. Its so close now I can feel the heat on my face!! ( heading to Darwin!) I live to check my emails in the mornings!!!!

:daydreaming:

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for weeks just to try and get a clue on timelines and processing.

I will share mine and keep you updated;

Step 1 & 2 finalised by roughly 25th August (I forget exact dates)

Step 3 Acknowedgement of visa 7th Speptember.... now waiting

I don't know if it makes it any quicker but I did all my medicals and forms already...? Does anyone know when you have you CO assigned, how long does it take? Ah well, the waiting is ok really, I just want the outcome to be good!!!

Guest Undertaker88

Did you apply by DRC application? i applied as non DRC application on 2nd September 857 at Townsville, still no sign of CO, at Parramatta now they just assess application received on 11th July, so we have a long way to go,hihi

Guest pinkcera

Right, so I have had a CO for a week now apparently, but still no word from my MA!! He hasn't been in touch to let us know we have a CO (I only found out as I mailed DIAC directly!) and I'm starting to worry that something is wrong!!

If the CO wanted further info from us how quickly would they be in touch after being allocated, and would you expect your MA to know you had been allocated a CO? Or if everything was ok would the first either party would hear be a visa grant/refusal.

This is worse than waiting to be allocated a CO!! :eek:

Did you apply by DRC application? i applied as non DRC application on 2nd September 857 at Townsville, still no sign of CO, at Parramatta now they just assess application received on 11th July, so we have a long way to go,hihi

Hi our app was lodged 12/9 at the Melbourne office , unfortunately non DRC :-(, we have no CO yet don't think anything will happen till Jan / February .At least you are already there, we are bloody freezing over here in Irl:mad:

Guest Undertaker88
Hi our app was lodged 12/9 at the Melbourne office , unfortunately non DRC :-(, we have no CO yet don't think anything will happen till Jan / February .At least you are already there, we are bloody freezing over here in Irl:mad:

Hi Katerina, here is bloody hot, i only moved here for about 3 months, before i was in Sydney.here is hot all year around hehehe. yeah i reckon our applications will be allocated next year Feb, sad for that, expected before Christmas:cry:

March 4: Employer nomination submitted

April 12: Nomination approved by Regional Body

April 21: Lodged with DIAC

Oct 28: Nomination also approved by DIAC

Nov 21: RSMS GRANTED!!!!!!

Was handled at the Parramatta office.

Thanks for the info on this forum everyone.

i have a question everybody, If a case officer is assigned, does he or she directly contacts applicant or the migration agent?

hi nutkhut,

if you have a migration agent and you signed form 956, then your case officer will contact your agent for more information......

whats happening with you??

did you call immigration or not, got a case officer or not??

March 4: Employer nomination submitted

April 12: Nomination approved by Regional Body

April 21: Lodged with DIAC

Oct 28: Nomination also approved by DIAC

Nov 21: RSMS GRANTED!!!!!!

Was handled at the Parramatta office.

Thanks for the info on this forum everyone.

congratsss and best wishes for your Australian life......

thanks for sharing your timeline.

Guest smwarlock20

Hi for anyone who does not know this.u can share the timeline in everypost by editing the signature and I appreciate who already knew it.makes much easier for people to check each others timelines

Left hand corner USER CP->SETTINGS AND OPTIONS->EDIT SIGNATURE->write timeline and save

Guest pinkcera

Right, does anyone think it's worth phoning DIAC directly as I have a number for the case officer??

The situation is this.....

Our tenancy here runs out in a few weeks, the landlady wants to know if we will be renewing or if she needs to look for new tenants, I don't want to sign for another 6 month lease.

DP is now completely out of work, so no funds coming in but there's a job waiting for us in Australia.

We have had a bloody awful year in this country, my 2 eldest daughters are not my partners children, and we found out that they had been subjected to abuse from their paternal grandfather on their fortnightly access visits to their dad. This has resulted in a criminal prosecution for their grandfather, and us fighting their father through the courts to the right to remove them permanently from the UK.

We were led to believe by the migration agent that we should have had a decision by september/october time and should be well on our way by now.

Our family out there have invited us for Christmas, and we're desperate to go, the girls are desperate for a fresh start and we want to see the new year in watching the fireworks over Sydney harbour, but the RSMS subclass 119 can only be granted whilst offshore so time is well and truly running out for us to get flights etc!!

What would anyone else do, and the migration agent is proving ever elusive......

Right, does anyone think it's worth phoning DIAC directly as I have a number for the case officer??

The situation is this.....

Our tenancy here runs out in a few weeks, the landlady wants to know if we will be renewing or if she needs to look for new tenants, I don't want to sign for another 6 month lease.

DP is now completely out of work, so no funds coming in but there's a job waiting for us in Australia.

We have had a bloody awful year in this country, my 2 eldest daughters are not my partners children, and we found out that they had been subjected to abuse from their paternal grandfather on their fortnightly access visits to their dad. This has resulted in a criminal prosecution for their grandfather, and us fighting their father through the courts to the right to remove them permanently from the UK.

We were led to believe by the migration agent that we should have had a decision by september/october time and should be well on our way by now.

Our family out there have invited us for Christmas, and we're desperate to go, the girls are desperate for a fresh start and we want to see the new year in watching the fireworks over Sydney harbour, but the RSMS subclass 119 can only be granted whilst offshore so time is well and truly running out for us to get flights etc!!

What would anyone else do, and the migration agent is proving ever elusive......

Poor you pinkcera you sound so stressed !!

If I was you I would call the CO and give him the full story! At least you would know where you stand and if there is a problem you can deal with it!!

But that's just my opinion. What did the agent say about this? Would they not call them on your behalf?

Really hope you get there for Xmas!!

Take care

Katerina

Guest smwarlock20
Thought I would let everyone know ,we got our co and decision on the same day today ,,,Melbourne here we come

Our app was completed when it was lodged on 5 nov ,approved and granted today ,,,,,now we're nervous,,,,

Congratulations..

Can u tell us was it DRC