RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

one small question,

if someone got 119 visa approved recently, would you like to check the email CO send to you? what's the name of email? is it "pre decision"?

I got pre decision instead of pre granted, and it seems like many people got pre granted on internet.thanks

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one small question,

if someone got 119 visa approved recently, would you like to check the email CO send to you? what's the name of email? is it "pre decision"?

I got pre decision instead of pre granted, and it seems like many people got pre granted on internet.thanks

I wouldn't stress much mate; your nomination has been approved so I reckon your visa will be granted next week :)

Hi Guys,

So yesterday (Friday) morning I had sent a very brief but straight to the point e-mail to vic.pse@immi.gov.au... My main reason was to simply get an updated auto-response to the processing times, which I posted yesterday. I didn't expect to actually receive a response to my query, but much to my surprise, I received a response this morning (on a Saturday morning I might add)!

In short, I had asked if they could tell me when a case officer will be allocated to my file, as the DIAC website states a 6-month processing time for the 187 subclass visa and my 6-month point was coming up on 11 March. Although I didn't really get much out of their response, it was nice to at least hear from them and know that they read my message!

Their response was basically stating that further to the acknowledgement letter, If I don't hear from them for a while, to not be concerned and that I will be contacted by a case officer about any additional documents required to make a decision on my application. They went on to say that they are still receiving large numbers of employer nominations and visa applications and the Melbourne office is taking several months to allocate files to case officers for assessment. Also, they mentioned that as each case is different, some warrant expedition due to urgent matters due to the specific circumstances of those cases... And just ask for your patience, that they are also eager to process the applications as quickly as possible, and to be assured that all issues surrounding processing backlogs have been appropriately escalated. They said that once allocated, the case officer will be in contact within 2 working days with either an outcome or to request further documentation. That's about the gist of it!

I know it doesn't really give any of us much information, but perhaps if anything it's a message to "hang in there" and they will get to us as quickly as they can. Just thought I would share that with everyone!

what type of things can I send as "updated proof" that my children are still dependant on us for housing and food??

All four still live with us as they cannot afford to have their own place, 2 aged 19 and 21 have jobs (not well paid) and we provide all meals.

The other 2 are 16 and 18, both still in full time education and plan to continue with education so they are not so bad as I have a letter from school stating still in education. Can't beleive they want proof for the 16 year old in the first place!!

what type of things can I send as "updated proof" that my children are still dependant on us for housing and food??

All four still live with us as they cannot afford to have their own place, 2 aged 19 and 21 have jobs (not well paid) and we provide all meals.

The other 2 are 16 and 18, both still in full time education and plan to continue with education so they are not so bad as I have a letter from school stating still in education. Can't beleive they want proof for the 16 year old in the first place!!

So the older two are not in full time education any more???

You may be in big trouble there. You need to get an Rma on this ASAP to see if anything can be done to keep them on your application. I have only heard of one person who has managed it when their children are already working. Go Matilda has a great reputation, and I can recommend George Lombard. Good luck.

Hi guys,

I have a serious problem :arghh:.

I applied on 8th 2012 december, ack letter received in 27th dec 2012, the nomination approved on 10th october 2012.

My sponsor ( is telling me that he is no longer willing to wait for me due to these delays from immigration and he has now local people who developed them:twitcy:.

My question is how to react? I have a nomination and a letter of offer from him, can this papers be useful to use it against him or forcing him with something ? Can immigration do something with that or should I write to them about it ? Should I look for another sponsor until my visa is processing ?:chatterbox:

I've spent over 5000 AUD on this process, I've canceled my chances to apply for a PR last year and now he does what he does :cry:.

I applied as Direct Entry, I'm offshore, HR, non DRC.

Any advice I'll be grateful

Thanks

Edited by Danielstea

Hi guys,

I have a serious problem :arghh:.

I applied on 8th 2012 december, ack letter received in 27th dec 2012, the nomination approved on 10th october 2012.

My sponsor ( is telling me that he is no longer willing to wait for me due to these delays from immigration and he has now local people who developed them:twitcy:.

My question is how to react? I have a nomination and a letter of offer from him, can this papers be useful to use it against him or forcing him with something ? Can immigration do something with that or should I write to them about it ? Should I look for another sponsor until my visa is processing ?:chatterbox:

I've spent over 5000 AUD on this process, I've canceled my chances to apply for a PR last year and now he does what he does :cry:.

I applied as Direct Entry, I'm offshore, HR, non DRC.

Any advice I'll be grateful

Thanks

Wow, that is a terrible situation to be in. Unfortunately the sponsor can pull the plug at any time before the visa is granted. And of course there goes your chance of a visa. Personally, if I were you I would reply that if that is what they want to do you will be expecting the costs you have incurred due to him choosing to break that contract to be covered in full. List all the costs with a total, and say you will expect them within 28 days of him informing immigration that he is breaking the contract.

If you are lucky he may see the figures and have a rethink.

The only option for you is to find another sponsor or apply for another visa if he doesn't change his mind. Good luck.

Wow, that is a terrible situation to be in. Unfortunately the sponsor can pull the plug at any time before the visa is granted. And of course there goes your chance of a visa. Personally, if I were you I would reply that if that is what they want to do you will be expecting the costs you have incurred due to him choosing to break that contract to be covered in full. List all the costs with a total, and say you will expect them within 28 days of him informing immigration that he is breaking the contract.

If you are lucky he may see the figures and have a rethink.

The only option for you is to find another sponsor or apply for another visa if he doesn't change his mind. Good luck.

Blossom

for the Danielstea case.

I think the contract will come into effect after the visa issue and it is up to the employer to employee you. Employer can pull the plug one day before two year obligatory period of RSMS visa.

No need to waste your energy fighting your employer.

My suggestion, keep working on other employer option too in case. And I think the application is already lodged.

Thank you guys for your opinions. Blossom79, I quit to PR process because I thought RSMS will be faster and already with a place to work from the 1st day.I didn't know that DIAC will cause employer's change (:skeptical: I'm so frustated because of DIAC's delays). I have started to search for other employers in the same field but I was wondering what they shall do, lodge a nomination for me and after approvement that's it ??? ( of course with my grant ).

On the other hand, not money are my problem but MY LIFE, my family, my patience, my plans. i hope it will be with happy end.

Thank you

Edited by Danielstea

Your new employer will have to start the process again.

They are quoting six months for the rsms visa now, so no delays have affected you yet. Make sure new employers know it is likely to take that long. You don't want to go through the same thing again.

If you are eligable they could apply for the 457 visa as well to get you over sooner.

How long normally case off take decision on visa app..nomination approved on 21 feb 2013.....ask for both police clearance in same email..MA send back police clearance within 10 min......and :arghh:still waiting for decision

How long normally case off take decision on visa app..nomination approved on 21 feb 2013.....ask for both police clearance in same email..MA send back police clearance within 10 min......and :arghh:still waiting for decision

I think you will get result in this week, good luck

Two of my friends got pre- decision today

Mel HR non-DRC 26/6 applied

Mel HR DRC 27/6 applied

I am pretty sure COs in Mel are working hard now

BTW, if you like this info please "like" it, lol

Edited by fqyyy

Two of my friends got pre- decision today

Mel HR non-DRC 26/6 applied

Mel HR DRC 27/6 applied

I am pretty sure COs in Mel are working hard now

BTW, if you like this info please "like" it, lol

"I am pretty sure COs in Mel are working hard now"

so upset...I applied 7/6/12 nobody answer me.......

How is everyone holding up?

I really feel like I'm at the point where I am on the verge of going batshit crazy!! 1 week from today is my 6-month mark since my my nomination and visa were lodged... I can't imagine how those of you that lodged your applications back in June or earlier must feel! I swear I'm about to go mental here! How are you guys coping with this agonising wait?? It's really at the point where it's putting me in a miserable mood. The stress is giving me headaches and stomach aches at times... It's killing me!

Trying really really hard to keep my cool and sit tight, but my goodness... this has totally consumed my life. I just wish my visa would be granted so I can move on and feel better! *sigh*

Hi all Just wondering that how long the medicals valid for is it one 12 months from Clearence or six months if they are done from Overseas because when I rang to the clnic where we had organise my son's mediccals doen from overseas and they had done on 9 th may 2012 I have sent areceipt of medical to my CO but Co has not contacted yet so its raelly confusion what now. Co did not metion in addional doc required either they expired or he did not receiveCan I contact him and ask if I have to do again?Thanx Guys

Hi all Just wondering that how long the medicals valid for is it one 12 months from Clearence or six months if they are done from Overseas because when I rang to the clnic where we had organise my son's mediccals doen from overseas and they had done on 9 th may 2012 I have sent areceipt of medical to my CO but Co has not contacted yet so its raelly confusion what now. Co did not metion in addional doc required either they expired or he did not receiveCan I contact him and ask if I have to do again?Thanx Guys

RBP

Your medicals will expire on March 9-2013. I think you have to do it again due to few days left and no decision yet. Even you CO give decision today you do not have enough time to go out of country and come back.