RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

hey guys whats 28 calendar days mens, is it a straight 28 days including sat sun, or just working days. if its straight days then how come diac din replied back to the doc which my employer sent . its already been 31 days . or shall i ask my employer to send them email asking about the nomination.

That means including Saturday and Sunday. Normally they ask for documents to be sent to them within 28 days, they don't normally say they will reply by then. Are you sure that is what they said?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got grant letter today from immi.

it has spent nearly 9months.

Thanks your guys!

My time line was

29th May 2012

LR country.

It has been little bit delayed due to Heath Exam.

congratulation, after your heath exam done, how long get visa granted?

Immigration advised I should send in Form 1005 - application for bridging visa, in case my PR application was not processed in time. I was orginally granted a bridging visa last March when I lodged RSMS application, but I travelled overseas last year, meaning I lost the original bridging visa.

My understanding is that since you've applied for another visa already, you should be able to remain lawful onshore before the decision of bridging visa is made. No need to worry... Just wait

hey guys whats 28 calendar days mens, is it a straight 28 days including sat sun, or just working days. if its straight days then how come diac din replied back to the doc which my employer sent . its already been 31 days . or shall i ask my employer to send them email asking about the nomination.

Calender days take weekend into account. All I know is that the applicant has to give response to DIAC's request within 28 calender days, have never heard of that they will make a decision within 28 calender days after providing documents.

My understanding is that since you've applied for another visa already, you should be able to remain lawful onshore before the decision of bridging visa is made. No need to worry... Just wait

You are granted bridging visa a, but if you leave the country then you loose the bridging visa and need to reapply for it. The post you are quoting is saying that they are being told to reapply incase their current visa runs out before pr is granted.

Edited by blossom

You are granted bridging visa a, but if you leave the country then you loose the bridging visa and need to reapply for it. The post you are quoting is saying that they are being told to reapply incase their current visa runs out before pr is granted.

He did apply for another one already, thus before the decision is made he is legal in this country,mate

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for awhile - thought I'd add my timeline as well.

Lodged Nom & Visa app (857, non-DRC, low risk) in Melbourne on 7 Mar 2012.. Acknowledgement received 22 Mar 2012.

Still waiting, it's been over 10 months now, and haven't heard a thing.

Seems like they are starting to get on to the March ones now, so really hoping to hear something any day.

Yep, definatly hadn't applied for another visa and does need to reapply for bridging visa a.

No, he applied for the rsms visa in march, was granted bridging visa a, and then went overseas. From his post and signature he is still waiting for the rsms visa applied for in march.

I got the situation at the first hand already, boss... What I'm saying is that he doesn't have to leave the country even though his current visa runs out, coz he got a pending bridging visa to remian him legal in Australia. I got 28 caldender days to sort out my next visa even after my student expired. There was no problem at all...

I got the situation at the first hand already, boss... What I'm saying is that he doesn't have to leave the country even though his current visa runs out, coz he got a pending bridging visa to remian him legal in Australia. I got 28 caldender days to sort out my next visa even after my student expired. There was no problem at all...

No he doesn't. As soon as he left the country he no longer had a bridging visa. Have a read back, someone has been waiting 15 months! He needs a bridging visa, he can't just wing it and hope he has a visa within 28 days. Immigration have told him he needs to apply for a bridging visa for a reason!

No he doesn't. As soon as he left the country he no longer had a bridging visa. Have a read back, someone has been waiting 15 months! He needs a bridging visa, he can't just wing it and hope he has a visa within 28 days. Immigration have told him he needs to apply for a bridging visa for a reason!

I think you can travel on BV -A but if you want to travel you have to apply BV-B to come back,You can Travel on BV-A but if you do not apply for BV-B you can not come back Australia...............Thanx

Edited by RBP

Yes, that is exactly right, but if you are granted bridging visa a, and leave the country while on your substantive visa then bridging visa a is no longer there. In order to stay in the country when your substantive visa expires you have to physically apply for bridging visa a again.

Calender days take weekend into account. All I know is that the applicant has to give response to DIAC's request within 28 calender days, have never heard of that they will make a decision within 28 calender days after providing documents.

ok so its not neccessary that they will gve any kind of decesion in nomination weather its approved r na in 28 dyas ......fair enough. my situation is i am working network support engineer in Tiling Compnay and bit worried about it, as tiling company is not proper IT industry. so finger crossed eveery thing will be fine

Neet

Calender days include weekends. 28 days request means you have to comply to communication in 28 days not DIAC.

I think it clears the doubt.

Yes, that is exactly right, but if you are granted bridging visa a, and leave the country while on your substantive visa then bridging visa a is no longer there. In order to stay in the country when your substantive visa expires you have to physically apply for bridging visa a again.

Blossom

Bridging only kicks in once your substantive visa expires. I think you can travel before and come back before this. What you think ?from following wording my friend got in Email.

Your immigration status

"A bridging visa has been granted to each of the applicants currently in Australia. This visa allows you to remain lawfully in Australia while the application is being processed. The bridging visa will only come into effect when any other visa you hold ceases and will remain in effect until 28 calendar days after you are notified of the decision on your application. The bridging visas will cease if you leave Australia. If you need to travel outside Australia while your application is being processed, please contact the department before you travel."

Blossom

I think you may be right, I got this from DIAC website

You can hold a substantive visa and a BVB at the same time.

If you still hold a substantive visa that allows you to travel and you believe you can return to Australia before your substantive visa ceases, it is your decision whether or not you want to apply for and be granted a BVB before you travel.

If you decide not to get a BVB but use your substantive visa to travel, you will need to apply for a new bridging visa of the same type as your previous one as soon as you return to Australia and before your substantive visa ceases.

Blossom

I think you may be right, I got this from DIAC website

You can hold a substantive visa and a BVB at the same time.

If you still hold a substantive visa that allows you to travel and you believe you can return to Australia before your substantive visa ceases, it is your decision whether or not you want to apply for and be granted a BVB before you travel.

If you decide not to get a BVB but use your substantive visa to travel, you will need to apply for a new bridging visa of the same type as your previous one as soon as you return to Australia and before your substantive visa ceases.

Yes, I am right. That is what I have been saying. ;-)

Okey I 've got 2 different employer who wants to sponsor me ...So can I lodge nomination for both business together ??? I have to decide it by this monday ..please comment

Well done! I suppose you could always get both to apply to the rcb, but that seems a bit unfair unless they know you will possibly be taking a job somewhere else.

Yea I will tell both of them about it ..and my plan is not just RCB also the nomination ..it has been really unfair to me ....:(.......after 1 long year of hard work I get nothing but rejection...and when MA talk to CO about ,they dont even want to reconsider even though its their mistake..(

Well done! I suppose you could always get both to apply to the rcb, but that seems a bit unfair unless they know you will possibly be taking a job somewhere else.

I got grant letter today from immi.

it has spent nearly 9months.

Thanks your guys!

My time line was

29th May 2012

LR country.

It has been little bit delayed due to Heath Exam.

Congratulations!

Did you submit as drc? The pr was issued straight away, no additional requests of payslips, contract documents?