RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MA called me 2day and told me mine was non DRC because of the medical report ..but asfar as i remember when I did the medical test for my TR ( 3 months ago) we did the blood test aswell and they told me taht the report can be used in PR process as well....total confusion...gerrree.......

Guest alfredv

Got some news from Melbourne DIAC... The supervisors are starting to allocate cases however but they are still sorting out applications that they have received prior to July 1st... As far as Melbourne DIAC is concerned, they currently have a separate pile of DRC application ready for allocation to CO's ...

Got some news from Melbourne DIAC... The supervisors are starting to allocate cases however but they are still sorting out applications that they have received prior to July 1st... As far as Melbourne DIAC is concerned, they currently have a separate pile of DRC application ready for allocation to CO's ...

So does this mean that only DRC cases are being allocated, or will some of us non-DRCs squeak through?

So does this mean that only DRC cases are being allocated, or will some of us non-DRCs squeak through?

"...Mr Russell emphasised that the department is working to strike a balance between processing decision ready and pipeline cases. He is currently not in the position to comment on the exact time frame that can be expected to process applications. He does, however, hope to discourage the number of unproductive and time consuming follow up requests that DIAC is receiving which only add to the increased workload of department officers..." (Source MIA/DIAC - 27/07/2012)

FYI: Stephen Russell, Director of Program Delivery at DIAC

So it means if quota is filled where other applicants will go ?

Hi

If quota is filled remaining applications will be moved to year July 2013-2014 allocation. So, people apllying later this year will be processed after July 2013 due to 9 month processing delay announced.

Well, I heard a very sad story.

One of my colleagues applied for RSMS, but his visa was rejected.

He has been working for the sponsor company for over one year as casual. The reason of rejection was "not qualified". I just heard this from my boss, so I am not sure what this mean, but I presume that his work experience wasn't enough or simply not enough evidence (papers..like certification or work history,IELTS etc etc)

I did applied at the same time as him. only difference between me and him were, I am working as full time over a year and gave many evidence and wrote work experience (not just name of restaurants but what Ive done, how I worked etc) for my visa.

Just notes....

Our occupation is cook, region is Perth WA. He and I didn't use MA.

I applied 7th June - got visa 14 June. He got the nomination approval letter in june from immi.

Edited by kayperth

Hi, I am on a 457 Visa in Canberra and am currently being sponsored by my employer for a 187 Visa (RCB approved). I have emailed the department of immigration but keep getting automated replies not answering my questions, so I was hoping somebody could help me.

1. I have read that it is best to lodge a complete application containing all relevant documents. At the stage online when required to pay the application fee, does this mean the application is lodged when paid? Am I correct in thinking you can only upload documents when the fee is paid? Therefore, am I best waiting until I have obtained all of my documents before paying the fee?
  2. Can I scan and upload the original documents, or am I required to make a copy of the original, have this certified, and then unload the certified copy?
  3. Have I got to lodge my application and obtain a HAP letter from you outlining the medical requirements prior to arranging a medical examination? or can a arrange this before lodging?
  4. My wife had a chest x-ray 7 months ago for the 457 VISA. Will she require another for the 187

Well, I heard a very sad story.

One of my colleagues applied for RSMS, but his visa was rejected.

He has been working for the sponsor company for over one year as casual. The reason of rejection was "not qualified". I just heard this from my boss, so I am not sure what this mean, but I presume that his work experience wasn't enough or simply not enough evidence (papers..like certification or work history,IELTS etc etc)

I did applied at the same time as him. only difference between me and him were, I am working as full time over a year and gave many evidence and wrote work experience (not just name of restaurants but what Ive done, how I worked etc) for my visa.

Just notes....

I applied 7th June - got visa 14 June. He got the nomination approval letter in june from immi.

Just notes....

That means you have non DRC application (no MA) and you you got visa in two weeks. May be I am missing something. Other Non DRC RSMS cases are waiting more than six months now.

kayperth

The minimum educational requirement for RSMS is Diploma except certain technical trades like Fitter in Group 3 – Technician and trades workers. May be he got wrong advice. Or You have to prove you are an exceptional appointment, like already working on 457 for last two years in same occupation.

Edited by Move2

Guest ginni
I don't think that he has a diploma. But cook (trade) can apply for RSMS with only cer 3 of commercial cookery.

I possess a diploma (of hospitality anyway).

Kayperth

For RSMS visa diploma and 6 months experience is essential not certificate 3 enough for that.In exceptional circumstances we have to show 3 year work experience with same employer.

Guest jacob88
Kayperth

For RSMS visa diploma and 6 months experience is essential not certificate 3 enough for that.In exceptional circumstances we have to show 3 year work experience with same employer.

R u serious? Diploma plus 6 months exp is essential. U know diploma or certificate with the exceptional letter or Sth like that should be enough.

Just notes....

That means you have non DRC application (no MA) and you you got visa in two weeks. May be I am missing something. Other Non DRC RSMS cases are waiting more than six months now.

No, my application wasn't DRC. It surprised myself too.

I posted when I got the visa, but once again, in that time, when immi received a perfect application (medi/approval letter, police clearances etc) the case was passed to CO straight way. That I heard from my CO anyway. But I don't think it happened for everyone as huge amount of applications reached to immi in June. I should say I was extremely lucky one.

I presume that if I applied in May, or even after mid June, I wouldn't have PR yet.

kayperth

The minimum educational requirement for RSMS is Diploma except certain technical trades like Fitter in Group 3 – Technician and trades workers. May be he got wrong advice. Or You have to prove you are an exceptional appointment, like already working on 457 for last two years in same occupation.

Thanks for all who pointed this.

I think Cook is filled into the "group 3".... is this right?

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/c/cook.htm