RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest lilmissp
Tomorrow is August 1st. What are the odds that Melbourne grants all of our visas tomorrow? :wink:

Optimism, folks! Whatever will be shall be.

I like your optimism :)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest lilmissp

I need a rant----OH MY GOD DIAC and Australian gov. just give out some overtime and catch up with this backlog!!!ITs affecting peoples lives !!AHHHHH:mad:

Guest ck0914

i have applied late june (Melbourne: i think MA drop mine at paramatta and mine should be processing in Mel cause i got sponsor in SA) and i'm still waiting for ack letter. i heard some people who got visa approved without ack letter but i'm still worried mine. does anyone got news from diac?

Guest daniel23

Hi EVRY1,

My timeline is as follows:

nomination and 857visa app logded :4th may 2012(PARAMATTA)

acknowledgement:16th MAY

TILL TODAY .....no response..

Hi guys i've been following this thread from last couple of months and would like to share my timeline.

rcb APPLIED : 21 Dec 2011

acknowledge : 13/01/2012

RBC approved : April 16

visa lodged: 15/05/2012 ( MELBOURNE OFFICE )

acknowledged : 23/07/2012

CO=:( ???

VISA =?

CLEARLY STATED THAT THE PROCESSING TIME WILL BE 5 TO 8 MONTHS ..SO SHALL I START COUNTING FROM THE DATE WHEN THE VISA WAS LODGED OR FROM THE DAY I RECEIVED ACKNOWLEDGE .....HELP ME PLZZZ GUYS ....

Guest dubsydney
Hi guys i've been following this thread from last couple of months and would like to share my timeline.

VISA =?

CLEARLY STATED THAT THE PROCESSING TIME WILL BE 5 TO 8 MONTHS ..SO SHALL I START COUNTING FROM THE DATE WHEN THE VISA WAS LODGED OR FROM THE DAY I RECEIVED ACKNOWLEDGE .....HELP ME PLZZZ GUYS ....

Hi Prayash,

You are not alone....cheer up...before when I started waiting for good news

in DIAC....but I gave up...I emailed them I received an automated reply....

like we have to wait for 5-8 months etc.etc. etc....the question there how

come some of the people got CO already while we didnt got one????So we will

just move on...be happy!!!!!

Guest jacob88

VISA =?

What is ur occu and country?

I reckon therez no point calling them ....i enquired few times abt the acknowledgement letter though....and my MA is a D*** H**D....i emailed them couple of weeks ago to know whether my application was DRC or non DRC they din't even bother to reply me...so guys is there any way to find out whether the application is DRC or not ...

I reckon therez no point calling them ....i enquired few times abt the acknowledgement letter though....and my MA is a D*** H**D....i emailed them couple of weeks ago to know whether my application was DRC or non DRC they din't even bother to reply me...so guys is there any way to find out whether the application is DRC or not ...

Apparently the mess at DIAC is bigger than anyone of us can imagine. The MAs have been sent information about this, but I do not have details about what exactly has been sent by DIAC to the MAs. I rang up DIAC on Friday to find out whether my case is DRC or not. I was told by DIAC that my MA had not made a request/mentioned at all for it to be processed as DRC. After checking the cover letter and checklists for both nomination and visa application I found that DRC was mentioned by my MA. After calling DIAC back enquiring about this they told me that the previous information shouldn't have been communicated to me, as they can't see on my file the cover letter the MA has sent... which I think is BS because they can tell you when and how often you have called them. So, obviously a lot of detailed information is being recorded on your file. Basically, I was told they could not advise me whether my case is DRC or not. Instead I was told to send an email to the processing centre nsw.pse@immi.gov.au and request from them whether my case is DRC. I can expect a delayed answer (about 7 days) I was told. I think that delay is going to be a bit longer, as according to DIAC helpdesk's information the Agent Gateway delay is 48hrs, but my MA is telling me hasn't received an answer from DIAC about an enquiry he has done more than 7 days ago.

FYI: Previously I have been told by DIAC helpdesk that if the case is DRC this is noted in a kind of Notes field once it has been assessed and the acknowledgement is being sent; it doesn't look that there is a tick-box on their system that indicates a case is DRC or not. To me it looks that the initial assessment of all the 9,000 cases that have been received by DIAC have been entered by some people that didn't have a clue of what they were doing. I'd say there has been no clear direction from management which processes/procedures to follow with regards to initial assessment and acknowledgement of the new cases. This partly explains the difference in acknowledgement letters sent to us. Result: a big mess has been created which will create a huge delay on the next steps of processing all the cases. Remember: a system is only as good as the information it contains!! Now we can only pray that our case has been entered by someone who knew what they were doing, so that all information has been entered and the correct procedures have been followed.

I am slowly losing my patience with the lack of and incorrect communication from DIAC. I think it is about time that we start sending some emails to Chris Bowen (see http://www.chrisbowen.net/contact-chris-bowen/home.do) to find out what he is doing about this mess!!

Edited by Ocumare61
added FYI info

Guest jacob88
occupation is cook and country Nepal which is high risk country I reckon ....:(

I applied mine last Feb and still waiting to get a co.

Hey ocumare

U r rgt, we should create one thread here about hw diac s working nd doing delays just bcz they dnt knw hw to get through wn it's busy fr them. And mailing that thread link wth a private email I'd so he knows WTs gng on.

Wt u say?

Information and Organisation Professionals

Wt u say?

The issue I see with that is that you don't know who is reading in on those private emails. I mean, when multiple people sign up for that type of information how do you know that none of the these people is working for DIAC!! I am happy to share information but don't want to go into specifics (and when it is out in the open you think twice about the information you disclose).

Maybe we can pool information from what we learn form our MAs, so we can share that information (e.g. in a separate thread), in addition to what we all learn from talking to the DIAC helpdesk. Once we have a good idea of what is going on, I am happy to send a nice email with all of the facts to the Minister letting him know what is going on in his Department. I am sure that he (as is the case in a lot of organisations and Government Departments) is not aware of the magnitude of the F##k Up, because information is filtered upwards to him. None of the DIAC senior managers will want to admit to him they didn't prepare for what was coming.

By sharing information we can call DIAC's bluff when they communicate incorrect information to any of us. The disadvantage we have now is that we don't know anything about their procedures; for us it is a black hole. I am not even sure that some people at DIAC understand the whole process themselves.

Edited by Ocumare61

Maybe we can pool information from what we learn form our MAs, so we can share that information (e.g. in a separate thread), in addition to what we all learn from talking to the DIAC helpdesk.

I would be interested in trying to identify patterns in what DIAC does - e.g how do they process paper applications v. online applications, or can you do a DRC case yourself (unofficially) without the help of an MA.

At the moment the MAs hold a lot of that knowledge, but they don't share it with us, because if it becomes common knowledge, who in their right mind would pay a MA if the ins-and-outs are in the public domain.