RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest jacob88

Sound's like applicants who got the via straight are really few and far between. I wouldnt like to expect any problem, to be honest coz once immi sends u email or letter, the process is taking too long again.

Seriously, i wanna look at them as LIVE that how they process our applications

Every single time we have got to apply the rules have changed (within a week the first time, second time three weeks out). Then we got turned down first time for the rcb (because they don't seem to have read it). Then hubbies medical got refered and took ages to come back. I am fully expecting a visit from immigration and some form of problem.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every single time we have got to apply the rules have changed (within a week the first time, second time three weeks out). Then we got turned down first time for the rcb (because they don't seem to have read it). Then hubbies medical got refered and took ages to come back. I am fully expecting a visit from immigration and some form of problem.

If you think good...Things will be good. If you think bad things will unfortunately go bad. So keep thinking positive!!!!!

Hi guys, i applied for my RCB on the 4th June and my 119 DRC file was lodged on the 28th June. The RCB hasent come yet as my MA says certifying body needs a ref. no. Which will be generated after i get my acknowledgement letter from DIAC.

I cant just understand whenever i apply for a visa somehow the rules change lol but am hopefull it will work out :)

Hi guys, i applied for my RCB on the 4th June and my 119 DRC file was lodged on the 28th June. The RCB hasent come yet as my MA says certifying body needs a ref. no. Which will be generated after i get my acknowledgement letter from DIAC.

I cant just understand whenever i apply for a visa somehow the rules change lol but am hopefull it will work out :)

Hello mate how u r MA can lodge DRC without RCB.

...The RCB hasent come yet as my MA says certifying body needs a ref. no. Which will be generated after i get my acknowledgement letter from DIAC.

I don't know about 119, but for my 857 (onshore RSMS) I thought that the RCB certification was a prerequisite for the nomination (form 1054). And I assumed that for an application to be a DRC one, both the nomination and actual visa application (i.e. 857) needed to be decision-ready (correct me if I am wrong). On the new RSMS DRC agent checklist for the nomination the RCB certification is required, and I am pretty sure this was the case for applications lodged before 01/07/12 as well. I have the impression that there are a number of 'cowboy' MAs out there that are happy to take your money, but to me it seems they are not too professional. It might be worthwhile for you to request from your MA a copy of the cover letter and a copy of the signed 'Complete Application checklists' (note that the MA needs to sign it otherwise it is non-DRC). I found out that when using a MA you can't find out from DIAC whether your application is DRC because when using a MA all communication is supposed to go through the MA. Note that when removing the MA (using form 956A - for both the sponsor and the nominee) you remove the DRC aspect as well (I was told by DIAC). As a result there is no guarantee to know 100% sure that your case is DRC, unless you formally ask your MA.

Tip: make sure that in your contract with your MA you specify that the services that they provide to you are "Checking and lodging the nomination and visa application (both) as decision-ready". That way in case it is not decision-ready you have proof that they did not honour their obligations in the contract you both signed (in case you will need this in a court of law). I also think that once the nomination and visa have been lodged with DIAC, asking your MA for a copy of the cover letter and a copy of the signed 'Complete Application checklists' is a good idea!!

see also: RCB information (from the MA Gateway)

Edited by Ocumare61
added RCB information link

See my signature

Hey, yea your timeline is very much similar to mine, im still waiting for the acknowledgement letter though.

I just spoke to DAIC and RCB both, they confirmed that in the last few weeks of June as an exception they did accept DRC files without RCB but now due to the high number of files RCB need a ref. no. from DAIC to give a decision on it.

Hi Sunnyv where did u apply?I have applied in Melbourne.

My sig is as follows:

RCB : NT 13/12/2012

RCB approved: 13/03/2012

Aapplication lodged Melbourne: 15/3/2012 acknowledgement on 11/4/2012

now waiting .

Hey, yea your timeline is very much similar to mine, im still waiting for the acknowledgement letter though.

I just spoke to DAIC and RCB both, they confirmed that in the last few weeks of June as an exception they did accept DRC files without RCB but now due to the high number of files RCB need a ref. no. from DAIC to give a decision on it.

yes they did accept it with the receipt of RCB as my nomination ack letter states that your application is valid. however, we see you have not provided rcb to us..Please either send us your approved rcb or any evidence which shows you have applied for it. So seems to be all good.

I was just reading the 2011/2012 report on the DIAC website and came across this:

"As at 30 June 2012, there were around 31 306 on hand applications for visas in the

employer sponsored category, with an average of 5464 applications received every month in

2011-12 compared to 3950 in 2010-11. The 2012-13 planning level has been increased to

47 250."

You wouldn't want to hang around if you're going to apply this year!

This is the report for anyone interested:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/pdf/report-on-migration-program-2011-12.pdf

latest processing time for RSMS, Still jan 4?

I don't think there has been any update to the emails as staff are busy processing new applications. I think it's become clear to everyone that nothing is going to happen for Perth applicants until after 1 August.

Hi everyone,

I am not British but I have got loads of very useful info from this forum and I would just like to ask for some suggestions and share my situation.

I lodged my paper (my employer did it for me and do not know why they did not go for the on-line one) application for a RSMS on the 28th May 2012 in Paramatta and got the acknowledgement letter on the 2nd June 2012. The acknowledgment letter stated to take a look at the attached documents (receipt, fact sheet, health examination list) but the health exam list was not attached to the email.

I wrote them back twice to inform them the health list was not attached but always got the typical automatic reply (they are currently allocating application received on the 15 December 2012). I called the European phone number but they could not help me. I did a paper application and do not have a TRN but I would like to have the HRI and HAP ID to do my health examination in the meantime.

According to what I read on this forum I should get my visa approved somewhere in November but does anyone have a suggestions for me about getting the codes for the health exam? Should I wait for the CO to contact me or should I try and contact directly someone else in Paramattato get these codes? Did anyone already make a contact straightforward with Paramatta and eventually to which phone number?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.

Guest jacob88
I don't think there has been any update to the emails as staff are busy processing new applications. I think it's become clear to everyone that nothing is going to happen for Perth applicants until after 1 August.

so after aug 1, u think we will see the actual processing time? Have u seen rsms applicants got the visa granted lately (after july), and What's ur time line?

/

so after aug 1, u think we will see the actual processing time? Have u seen rsms applicants got the visa granted lately (after july), and What's ur time line?

/

I've no idea when they will be updated but the info received from Perth CoE is that all staff are involved in receipting and dealing with the new applications submitted in June - this has been mentioned several times on this thread.

My timeline:

RCB Applied - 4th Oct RCB Approved - 6th Oct

Nomination Submitted - 7th November

Visa Application Submitted - 9th January

Case Officer Allocated - 15th June

Workplace Visit - 27th June

This was Non DRC and to Perth. Though I don't think DRC makes much of a difference at the moment.

Guest jacob88
I've no idea when they will be updated but the info received from Perth CoE is that all staff are involved in receipting and dealing with the new applications submitted in June - this has been mentioned several times on this thread.

My timeline:

RCB Applied - 4th Oct RCB Approved - 6th Oct

Nomination Submitted - 7th November

Visa Application Submitted - 9th January

Case Officer Allocated - 15th June

Workplace Visit - 27th June

This was Non DRC and to Perth. Though I don't think DRC makes much of a difference at the moment.

Workplace visit? what's ur occupation? and what did imm staff do and ask to u and ur boss?

Workplace visit? what's ur occupation? and what did imm staff do and ask to u and ur boss?

If you go back through the thread, I've already given all the information. Its happening more and more. Immigration didn't talk to me, they talked to my boss to make sure my job matched up with the ANZSCO coding. They were here for around 2 hours. My role is Customer Service Manager.

Guest jacob88
If you go back through the thread, I've already given all the information. Its happening more and more. Immigration didn't talk to me, they talked to my boss to make sure my job matched up with the ANZSCO coding. They were here for around 2 hours. My role is Customer Service Manager.

are you from high risk?