Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest denisejackson

Any carpenters to advise?

Recommended Posts

Guest denisejackson

Hi I hope you don't mind me sending you a message, I saw you advising someone re carpentry tools. My husband is a carpenter and we are heading over in August (all being well!) and we have a few questions, if you have a minute:


- Do you need the equivalent of a cscs card over there (something we need to sort before he starts working)

- any recommendations on who to get public liability insurance from (or is that covered by contractors)

- tool insurance

- good place to buy tools from (we have all 110v so are inclined to sell here and buy new there, gulp...!) or would you advise taking 110v over and using a transformer - is that common to do over there?

Any answers would be very welcome!

Thanks Denise

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BrerRabbit

:? Hiya - my husabnds a carpenter and we've just got our visa's to go - heading to sydney end of this month. He's taking all his hand tools but selling his power tools to colleagues. Don't reckon it's worth taing everything - employers should supply what'd needed and if not, buy them again. but I reckon taking them with you is too much trouble.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this