Panic Stations

Guest felix27

Guest felix27

i am looking at doing an automotive course on a student visa but my girlfriend would be moving out october so i would want to start in feb, but i have heard they are nearly full?

i have just taken my GCSEs this year so i have not got my results and will not till august 23rd

has anyone got any help i have emailed proquest@nextra.hu and im waiting for a reply but is there any chance i can still go out with my girlfriends family in october if my course starts in july?

any help would be great as its starting to become a ryt pain in the ****

thank you lewis

Guest felix27

just to add i have done a BTEC engineering course to an A* level working with CAD and metal, wood, and measurements so i could be tempted to do something like that if it came up

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hiya Lewis,

Yep, the courses do seem to fill up very very quickly. We are counting ourselves lucky that we've got on for next year.:unsure:

Have you tried any education agents specific to the State where you're going? Maybe they know of any last-minute places (well, not last-minute to you I know).

The other problem is that with the Student Visa you are only allowed to go out a few weeks before the course actually starts.

You could maybe send a Private Message to one of the agents on here. Andrew, who posts as Connaust, I think is pretty helpful with Student Visa problems.

Cheers,

Rachel :wubclub:

Hi ya Lewis

Dont give up hope yet

Go on to Study Options - providing free advice and assistance to students for studies in Australia and New Zealaland They are an agent for most of the TAFE's in Oz and should be able to help you out. There phone no. should be on there, try and speak with Stefan or Sarah. They are paid by the aussie uni's/tafes so no costs involved for you.

l have no idea if this is an option, Rachel or someone else will know l am sure, but l wonder if you could go on a working holiday visa to start with and then enrol for a college course for the following year (working holiday visa would cover you for a year) As l say no idea if this can be done (if there is a minimum age or whatever). Maybe a word with an agent might help, did your girlfriends family use one? or maybe send a PM to 'Connaust' on here, l think he's the one that knows about this stuff.

Wish you all the luck in the world

Lyn

Guest felix27

i have found stefan very helpful and they are dealing with it at the momonet thank you for the links. i have also PM connust to see what adivice he gives. i am only 16 so i cannot go on a working holiday :( rather have done that for a year to settle though!

Guest thekeg95

Hey lewis

Have a look at WWW.kangan.edu.au and look at the pre apprenticship courses. They are not very expensive and as they say it could lead to an apprenticship. If you have any questions pm me some contact details and i'll give you a call to explain how it works in OZ. If the pre apprenticeship course can get you in then great but if not talk to them and see if they know someone who could sponser you to be an apprentice.

good luck i hope this helps

STEVE

Guest felix27

i have emailed kangan and found that most of the course that i want to do are onl open to nationals even though there cricos!!! i am going through andrew at the moment who is a great help!

Archived