weve just got our visa - were off to mackay!!!!!

Guest gypsygirl

Guest gypsygirl

:lol: we are walking on cloud nine cause our visa has been granted 2-2-06!

we are heading to mackay (queensland ) at the end of march/beginning of april 06.

our feelings at the moment - aghh weve got so much to do!!! and we cant quite believe the wait is finally over and we wont be living in the u.k in 6 weeks time. 8) :lol: :D 8) :) :lol:

good luck to all those still waiting for news

from Ma, Eddie and Girls xxx

Guest gypsygirl

sent visa application to dimia sept 29th 05 and med requests were given november 4 sent completed meds nov 21st visa granted officially 27th jan but received news by phone on 2-2-06.

are you heading for mackay?

hope this is useful :D

good luck with the process

ma

• 1 month later...

Hi, Nice to know someone else is going to Mackay. We got our visas 21/02/06 and are going to be arriving in Mackay at the end of May/early June. We are like yourselves so much to do but so little time. How old are the girls? We have a 13 year old daughter who at the moment is a little uneasy about the move. Are your visas business(457) or residential. We have 457 visas. Would like to share any info with yourselves and wish you all the best.

Maybe hear from you soon.

Dave, Anita and Charlotte :D:D:D

Guest gypsygirl

G,day nice to here from someone else is off to mackay.We had a choice of 13 destinations round oz mackay came out tops.We are flying out on 30/3/06 and landing on 1/4/06.Are leaving party is on 24/3/06 brought cork hats and dressing up as aussies.Our eldest daughter corrinne is 14 she has started to get excited.At first she was a bit reluctant about going leaving her friends behind her friends have told her how lucky she is.Our visa is SIR, :lol: hope you keep in touch atb eddie,mariam,corrinne,paige :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

G,day nice to here from someone else is off to mackay.We had a choice of 13 destinations round oz mackay came out tops.We are flying out on 30/3/06 and landing on 1/4/06.Are leaving party is on 24/3/06 brought cork hats and dressing up as aussies.Our eldest daughter corrinne is 14 she has started to get excited.At first she was a bit reluctant about going leaving her friends behind her friends have told her how lucky she is.Our visa is SIR, :lol: hope you keep in touch atb eddie,mariam,corrinne,paige :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

G'day,good to see you trying out the local lingo!

Have you decided on where abouts in Mackay you will be living,we arn't sure yet, Dave will be working in the CBD so we will be initially looking at renting in south Mackay untill we get settled. Have you looked at schools for the girls, we haven't found much information on them at present. Are you going to be online at the other end? If we don't speak to you before you go, hope you have a bonza leaving party and a safe journey to your new home.

Speak to you soon

Anita, Dave and Charlotte 8) 8) 8)

Guest Michelle f

Hi Pez,

we have our visas and have just put our house up on the market.We are also going to Mackay as soon as weve sold the house.Not sure where abouts we will be looking at in Mackay.We have alittle girl who is 6.

Keep in touch. :D:D

Hi Michelle,

We are also trying to sell our house but have had no luck yet. It is good to know that there are a few other people going to Mackay. Do you have jobs to go to or are you going to look when you get there? If there is any info we can share please let us know and we will help if we can.

Dave , Anita and Charlotte :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest gypsygirl

hi,poms We have been looking at realestate in mackay seen a few properties we like one in slade point it has a pool, kids have asked for one.We will be staying in a motel when we arrive for 4 days till we get furniture for the house.We are taking our laptop with us so we can stay in touch with family and pomsinoz.Best off luck with the house sales pez and michelle, :lol: :lol: eddie,mariam,and girls :lol: :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Michelle f

hi Pez and gypsygirl, thanks for your replies . My husband Roy does have a job to go to i will be looking once i get there.Good luck with the move and keep in touch.hopefully we wont be far behind. Michelle,Roy and Megan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gypsygirl

G,day to pez & michelle,

8) we have been in mackay nearly a month now loving every minute of it loads of beaches, the weather is lovely and the kids are in school. Rentals are in great demand but we managed to get a 4 bed queenslander - the property market keeps going up as there are investors from the south as well as local buyers. We are looking to buy in the next month or so because we may regret it if we hang on.

fishing is very popular here and we are getting into the spirit of things and have purchased some rods for us and the kids.

All the best with the process,

Ma, Eddie & Girls

Hi Ma, Eddie and girls,

It's great to hear you are settling in and enjoying life in Mackay. How did it feel when you got off the plane, knowing you had finally arrived? We are hopeing to be there early June, but still have not sold the house. It is more stressfull having the visas and not having sold the house, than it was waiting to hear if we were getting the visas or not.

Speak to you soon,

Hope you hook a big one!

All the best Dave,Anita+Charlotte

Guest Michelle f

Hi pez & gypsygirl,

glad you are settling in Mackay, i wish we were there and keep us updated.

Still no luck with our house either,but the estate agents say its starting to pick up so i,ll keep my fingers crossed for both of us.

all the best, Michelle,Roy & Megan 8)

Guest Emiloo

Hi all

New to all this and have just got in contact with agent to sort out Skilled Visa ,

We all want to go ASAP

only thing is we really dont know where to start!!

Mackay keeps coming up in the forums,can someone please tell me wots the hype about Mackay and would our 4 kids aged 5-15 like it

please help

Emiloo. Mum of 3 girls 15,11,& 5 and son 7

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gypsygirl

G,day or should i say goodnight to you all in blighty, and in answer to some of youre questions. the flight - was terrible as we were delayed in heathrow sitting on the tatmac for four hours on the plane before being told ro get off again! We didn"t fly til the next day & missed ongoing flights, so cathay pacific had to put us up in hotels in heathrow & hongkong and then instead of flying to brisbane we had to fly cairns then to brisbane before finally reaching mackay feeling jet lagged & excited and never wanting to fly for a long time.

Now weve been here 7 weeks and we have still got to pinch ourselves with plenty of beaches in every direction, 25 degress & thats winter! plenty of shops and unusual wildlife- some scarey insects but it is the tropics! loads to see & do. all the best for the future keep in touch eddie, ma & girls 8) :lol: :D

Guest scoop

You poor things :cry:

Hope you settling well and enjoying the weather hun. Any kids with you? Just thinking of all that travel?!

Enjoy

SCoop

x

Guest Michelle f

Hi Gypsygirl,

glad your settling in,cant wait to get there.still no luck with the house :(

Its just a waiting game at the moment.

Michelle,Roy & Megan

Guest Beki

What a NIGHTMARE journey! :x :shock:

Well done though, you're doing it now, exactly what we're still left here dreaming about, enjoy, be happy and get a good tan! :D

Talking of dreaming, my sleepless nights have started and any sleep I do get is filled with scary dreams about my printer not working so I can't do the next lot of forms :?

Hi eddie, Ma and girls

Sorry to hear your flight was so bad. Glad to hear you are still enjoying Mackay.

Finally it looks like we have a sale on the house, so plan to arrive around the 20th of June. Its panic stations now organising everything, not sure where to start. We are going to book our flights this week so I suppose it will seem more real then.

Best of luck to Michelle, Roy and Megan,

Im sure your house sale will be soon and you won't be far behind us.

All the best :wink: :wink: :wink:

Anita, Dave and Charlotte

Guest Michelle f

Finally it looks like we have a sale on the house, so plan to arrive around the 20th of June. Its panic stations now organising everything, not sure where to start. We are going to book our flights this week so I suppose it will seem more real then.

Best of luck to Michelle, Roy and Megan,

Im sure your house sale will be soon and you won't be far behind us.

All the best :wink: :wink: :wink:

Anita, Dave and Charlotte

All the best ,keep us updated.

I really hope we are not far behind you.Thanks.

Michelle , Roy and Megan

Archived