Brickies Rates Brisbane (don't show the misses)

Guest Aldo

:yes:From the horses mouth.....

Going rate: $800 a thousand laid common bricks,

$4 a block

or $32 per hour.

The blockwork is the money maker, and most brickies can lay 1000 commons (rough / renderd)

Halves or i tell !!!!! lol

Cal x

My problem is I am constantly reminding my misses that she is in fact a brickies wife and not a footballers wife.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scott 1979

Hi Aldo Im In Sydney And Heading Upto Brisbane Is There Plenty Of Work Where You Are Cos There Is Bugger All In Sydney Ive Been Here 2 Weeks Now And Struggling To Get Work

• 1 month later...
Guest digger2475

hia scott 1979 r u still alive not heard anything from you in agers, let me know how things are many thanks karl (bricky from Barnsley)

There is plenty of work here in Brissie but most of it is just daywork (flat rate) wich is usually about 35 ph. The bricklaying scene is very clique here and you really have to force yourself in to conversations or you will get left out. I have been here 2 months now and worked for 3 subbies and its been 3rd time lucky. The fist one was face work, building low sets and it was head down ar5e up slashing away and i had to barter for just 32 ph. The next subbie was a little better, doing blockwork which is much more relaxed but absolutly no talking or laughing. The subbie i'm with now is much better, we start at 6.30 have an hour smoke-o at 10 the knock off at 2.30. There are a few pommes there and most days we crack a couple of tinnies after work, we even have a barbie on Wednesdays, this makes it easier to get to know your colleagues and make for a better working atmosphere.

My advice is to brickies starting in Brisbane is to shop around, dont stay on a site that is full of long faces and a foreman cracking the whip because there is enough work here to be choosy.

Guest digger2475

HI Aldo this is digger, thanks for that info I'm heading for Melbourne but Brisbane keeps poping up all the time I'm starting to have second thoughts, have youbeen to Melbourne

Guest scottee

hi aldo

whats the money like for a joiner in brisbane,i do first and second fix,kits and all that stuff.just joined pio and have enjoyed reading everyones experience,how long have you been in oz.

thanks scottee

Archived