Answer from tra

Guest glennandkate

Guest glennandkate

Atlast my hubby has been told he is officially a FITTER.....

I have been sooo worried that they would say he was a General Mechanical Engineer(non-MODL) but no he is a fully fledged MODL Fitter. Can't believe how stressed out I have been waiting for this little piece of paper. I actually started blubbing when I read it.

I think my mum did as well after she hung up from me, but for different reasons. :cry: What can you do?

Well form 47SK here i come - have filled it out already - just got to get a few thinggs signed now and hopefully can have that sent off by end next week.. i am so happy :D:D:D

Well done, its great knowing that they want you isn`t it?

My hubby is classed as a fitter too. He did a few months of it years ago while training to be a marine engineer, but they didnt want any of those!!!!

Good luck with the rest of the process.

Cookie

Atlast my hubby has been told he is officially a FITTER.....

I have been sooo worried that they would say he was a General Mechanical Engineer(non-MODL) but no he is a fully fledged MODL Fitter. Can't believe how stressed out I have been waiting for this little piece of paper. I actually started blubbing when I read it.

I think my mum did as well after she hung up from me, but for different reasons. :cry: What can you do?

Well form 47SK here i come - have filled it out already - just got to get a few thinggs signed now and hopefully can have that sent off by end next week.. i am so happy :D:D:D

Congratulations. Know how you feel, I got word last week that I'm still a fitter! Good to know after twenty five years of fitting things :D Now fingers crossed for the visa (in the post today) and hopefully Victoria bt the year end. Congratulations once again

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cazanwood

Hi there, congratulations to all those getting and hopefully getting visas.

wonder if any of you can help, put in points test that hubby is mechanical engineer and got 110 points so not good enough , but he originally trained as an aircarft fitter in the RAF and has 16 years experience , does this count for occupation in demand? If so we will get 125 points and possibly visa.

Also does anyone know where we can look fo employment that don't already require visa?

Plaese help

Carrie-Ann :roll:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest abeattie

Hi,

Not sure if I can help with all points but take a look at this website it may help you http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au they have a couple of jobs listed where they can sponsor you as well.

Instead of coming as a mech engineer which my husband is, can he not be recongnised as a fitter/turner or metal machinist 1st class which is on MODL ? My husband was recognised as a mech eng and metal machinist obviously we used the latter on our application.

If you are not sure send me a copy of his CV and I will take a look for you my email address is angelabeattie@optusnet.com.au.

Back in the UK i was a Hr / Recruitment Assessor so will know the kind of things they will be looking for.

Regards,

Angie

Hi there, congratulations to all those getting and hopefully getting visas.

wonder if any of you can help, put in points test that hubby is mechanical engineer and got 110 points so not good enough , but he originally trained as an aircarft fitter in the RAF and has 16 years experience , does this count for occupation in demand? If so we will get 125 points and possibly visa.

Also does anyone know where we can look fo employment that don't already require visa?

Plaese help

Carrie-Ann :roll:

Archived