Sending faxes from UK to Oz

RoseBrown1972

Can anyone help with sending faxes to australia, i've got the number to use from outside Oz which starts +61, I know the 61 is the number for Oz but don't know how to get the+ into a fax machine! I've done a search on google and some say do 00 61 and some say 44 61 but neither seem to be working! Aghhhr!!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

For the record, when calling or faxing from the UK to Austalia, you drop the "0" off the state code (just like when calling to the UK from overseas where you drop the first "0" off dialling codes).

To call/fax Canberra, it would be 0061 2 xxxx xxxx where the x's are the actual 8 digit phone number. Most fax machines will keep receiving even when not attended but, if the dialling codes and numbers are right then it could be out of paper or something.

Australia has 0800 numbers like the UK (and also 1300 numbers). None of these will work from outside the country though. However, since you already have the (0)2 dialling code, that doesn't sound like the problem in this case.

Bob

For the record, when calling or faxing from the UK to Austalia, you drop the "0" off the state code (just like when calling to the UK from overseas where you drop the first "0" off dialling codes).

To call/fax Canberra, it would be 0061 2 xxxx xxxx where the x's are the actual 8 digit phone number. Most fax machines will keep receiving even when not attended but, if the dialling codes and numbers are right then it could be out of paper or something.

Australia has 0800 numbers like the UK (and also 1300 numbers). None of these will work from outside the country though. However, since you already have the (0)2 dialling code, that doesn't sound like the problem in this case.

Bob

Thanks Bob! That was what I originally tried, going to try again in a minute as now it will be 3.30 so hopefully it'll work! If not I'll have to give up and use the post! Doesn't help that the car import application says only to use mail/fax and even though they email you they don't seem to acknowledge emails back! Aghrr! Fingers crossed just need someone else to get into work to unlock the room with the fax in!

Rose

Is THIS the form you're trying to send?

If so, the full number should be 00 61 2 6274 6013.

Anyway, a few minutes have passed so fingers crossed that means it's good news!

Bob

Not that form just extra info, but same number and yes finally sucess! Must have been a problem with their fax rather than me doing it wrong!

Thanks for help! Hopefully now I'll get my car import permit! was harder work than the visa application!

Rose

Archived