leather sofa?

Guest traybears

Guest traybears

hi,we have a leather sofa which is nice but getting a bit old,debating a new one.are they more expensive in oz?should we replace it while still here?thanks.tracy.:unsure:

Guest Dave53

I suppose it all depends on the freight costs to ship to Aussie . As a rough guide a new leather sofa would start at about $2000 , and of course the skies the limit after that . My son has bought a nice Italian leather suite , I think it cost about $5000..

• 2 weeks later...

HI, ARE AGENT TOLD US THAT ITS NOT WORTH TAKING A LEATHER SOFA FROME HOME DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE A LOT OF GLUE ON THE SEEMS AND BECAUSE IT GETS SO HOT OVER IN OZ THEY TEND TO FALL APART.

HOPE THAT HELPS.

:biglaugh:

Guest The Baggo's

We have our leather sofas in storage ready to ship. Just thought we wouldn't get much selling it and as Ali said, it will see us over for a while

We brought two over and they were fine, also leather sofas are popular here and available in loads of outlets, but vary in prices. If you bring yours, at least you'll have something to sit on and you can then look around for something you really want/like rather than having to buy it 'cos you need it.

Ali

Guest Dave53
HI, ARE AGENT TOLD US THAT ITS NOT WORTH TAKING A LEATHER SOFA FROME HOME DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE A LOT OF GLUE ON THE SEEMS AND BECAUSE IT GETS SO HOT OVER IN OZ THEY TEND TO FALL APART.

HOPE THAT HELPS

:biglaugh:

I think your agent is pulling your leg , either that or he has no idea . Most of the leather lounge suites are made overseas anyway . They wouldn't use different glues for different countries , that would cost too much . They certainly wouldn't fall apart at the moment . It's FREEZING !! .

Archived